Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: congratulations

I am delighted that moose and lindsey dog has managed to have her puppies alright and everything is going well, but I'm slightly saddened by some of the comments being made, accidents do happen among animals and humans not everything is planned but hopefully they will have learnt from what's happened and get there dog speyed and hopefully find loving homes for all the puppies.

scrapydoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy
    I am delighted that moose and lindsey dog has managed to have her puppies alright and everything is going well, but I'm slightly saddened by some of the comments being made, accidents do happen among animals and humans not everything is planned but hopefully they will have learnt from what's happened and get there dog speyed and hopefully find loving homes for all the puppies.
    but it's not the first time is it and it won't be the last either

Quote Originally Posted by Zambo
    Sorry, but it doesn't have to be an "ideal" world - just a responsible world. Pets don't have to "get pregnant by accident" - they just need responsible owners to take them to the vets to be dressed. If owners can't afford to pay for this, there are always animal charities out there who will help with the cost.
    In certain circumstances, there will be times when pets have to be given away - but not as often as it is happening at the moment.
    If everyone was responsible, then we wouldn't be having these problems. I would love to have a puppy, but I don't have one, due to a very busy house full of children, which is no place for a puppy. Other people I know would also love to have a puppy, but realise they can't, due to work commitments etc.
    If we could all have a responsible attitude, it would certainly help.
    If people had to spend some time working with an animal charity, they would see for themselves, what an effect this kind of attitude can have on animals. Animals do suffer when they are given away - they are part of the family one minute, then given away through no fault of their own. This can lead to behavioural problems with some animals. Also, trying to rehome them can be very difficult. If people could see what it's like for an animal charity, desperately trying to find new homes for unwanted animals, they would be devastated. Try spending some time with an animal charity after Christmas, when they have loads of unwanted kittens and puppies, or unwanted older animals who have been given away to make room for cuddly puppies and kittens - it would break your heart.

Sorry - I really don't mean to get at anyone here, but this is a very worrying subject, and animals are suffering due to humans being irresponsible.
    Well said zambo..

Default Puppies

Hi Moose and Lindsay

Just wanted to say that when your puppies are ready for rehoming please ensure that the pups are rehomed to responsible pet owners. If you need any help in finding good homes for your pups then please do not hesitate to contact the Balmore Animal Welfare Centre as I am sure they will be more than willing to help you. Cheers

scrapydoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zambo
    Sorry, but it doesn't have to be an "ideal" world - just a responsible world. Pets don't have to "get pregnant by accident" - they just need responsible owners to take them to the vets to be dressed. If owners can't afford to pay for this, there are always animal charities out there who will help with the cost.
    In certain circumstances, there will be times when pets have to be given away - but not as often as it is happening at the moment.
    If everyone was responsible, then we wouldn't be having these problems. I would love to have a puppy, but I don't have one, due to a very busy house full of children, which is no place for a puppy. Other people I know would also love to have a puppy, but realise they can't, due to work commitments etc.
    If we could all have a responsible attitude, it would certainly help.
    If people had to spend some time working with an animal charity, they would see for themselves, what an effect this kind of attitude can have on animals. Animals do suffer when they are given away - they are part of the family one minute, then given away through no fault of their own. This can lead to behavioural problems with some animals. Also, trying to rehome them can be very difficult. If people could see what it's like for an animal charity, desperately trying to find new homes for unwanted animals, they would be devastated. Try spending some time with an animal charity after Christmas, when they have loads of unwanted kittens and puppies, or unwanted older animals who have been given away to make room for cuddly puppies and kittens - it would break your heart.

Sorry - I really don't mean to get at anyone here, but this is a very worrying subject, and animals are suffering due to humans being irresponsible.
    well said zambo

Quote Originally Posted by Tugmistress
    on a personal note, well done to moose & lindsay for asking for advice when they felt they needed it and i am glad they received it, though the sarcasm etc was uncalled for on a public forum and maybe should have been restricted to PM's.
    It's great to hear that mum and pups are doing so well
    in my own opinion and experience, i have found that letting a bitch have a litter of pups is beneficial to her health and mental well being, accidents can and do happen and all is well that ends well so why have a go now? it is pointless apart from fishing for an argument in my view.

Moose & Lindsay,
    congratulations on your new additions, and i hope you have heaps of fun with the little bundles of fun and mischief as they start to move about, then walk, then run and play, and then start chewing lol
    you must be proud of mum and all she has done
    Well said tugmistress. Congrats to moose and lindsay and well done to mum.

Quote Originally Posted by scrapydoo
    but it's not the first time is it and it won't be the last either
    I have been watching all these posts all night, firstly i can't be held responsible for my 20yr old daughter fighting on the forum with my ex husbands girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!!

As for chillie please read and understand this next statement

This is were 1st litter of puppies not the 2nd or 3rd as u seem to keep on quoting!!!!!!!!!!

This is the only female dog i have had, she is 1 year old tomorrow, on your understanding she must of had her 1st litter when she was about 3month old, wise up man and talk sense

As for connieb19 input to this thread, some points u r making r true but u seem to keep on harping on about us not caring for were pets and this is totally untrue, we understand the situation is not spot on and we do agree we do need to get the dog dressed and we r doing everything in were powers to insure the pups r going to good homes (3 have been found thanx to caithness.org users) and before u start its not people pitying the dogs, it is responsible people like myself

The reason for putting in this post was not to engage a full on keyboard war, but just to inform the people who advised us from the original thread we posted,that mother had 7 pups and r all are well

sorry for making things worse, it just all got out of hand.

Moose and Lindsey, Congrats on finding some good homes for the pups, I don't think you'll have too much of a problem rehoming the rest.

Right, I'm gonna set myself up for a right old backlash now, but heres goes.
    I have cats as well as dogs, all cats are speyed and the dogs too unless I'm showing them, however, we bought two kittens a couple of years ago and at less than a year old the kittens came back pregnant from the same wild cat.
    Yes, I should have gotten them speyed sooner as I normally do but we were in the process of moving back to England and through my own fault it didn't get done.
    The cats had the kittens (these cats were pedigrees too and I never had any intention of breeding from them) and I rehomed all but one of them which we kept and is now waiting for the right age to be speyed. The two that had the kittens were speyed as soon as possible after having the kittens.
    I dare say there will be some of you that say I was cruel, irresponsible and shouldn't have animals.
    I have no defence to that. I've had animals my whole life, they're vet checked regularly, wormed, frontlined and have great lives. This was one moment of irresponsiblity that unfortunately caused our pets to have kittens but I've learnt from that and it will never happen again.

(before anyone comments - yes both the cats did fall pregnant at the same time, I didn't let it happen once and then happen again. Both were from the same litter and had their kittens one week apart. No defence I know but just so you know)
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Hi porshiepoo

Your situation is just the same as ours

Moose bought a house in the country and i lived on a main road so we thought the cat would be better off out in the country 2 so moose took her, with it being the country there is bound to be wild cats about but we never thought coz we never saw any cats about until she came in one night with her bits all red etc and then we knew

When she had the kittens she was so happy(purring 24/7) the thought of her not having anymore wasn't right,(if i was told i couldn't have anymore kids i would be devastated) she we left her, we got homes for all the kittens, infact we didn't have enough kittens to go round, but she soon got pregnant again, which we thought was too soon, so after the next litter we got her spayed, all kittens went to good homes apart from 1 which we kept, she is doing well and her kitten is 1 yr old in may and she is such a loving cat, purrs the whole time and wants petted the whole time, we called her Lucy

And before anyone starts she is getting spayed!!!!!!!

But i don't think its anyones business anyway

Quote Originally Posted by moose and Lindsay

When she had the kittens she was so happy(purring 24/7) the thought of her not having anymore wasn't right,(if i was told i couldn't have anymore kids i would be devastated) she we left her,
    Need I say more!!!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

scrapydoo Guest

Lindsay quote But i don't think its anyones business anyway

If you don't want people to know your business why for goodness sake post about it on caithness forums

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    Need I say more!!!!
    The thing is Connie, if moose and lindsey found loving homes for these kittens, if the mum was healthy and happy can that really be classed as irresponsible?
    Yes, the rescue places are full of unwanted pets, granted! But moose and lindseys kittens were not unwanted, they found them perfect loving homes without the aid of rescue. Therefore, they haven't contributed to the rescue crisis in anyway at all.

As you're probably aware, I have great danes. At the moment I only have one boy, but I'm going to be looking for a bitch puppy this year with the idea of hopefully mating her to my dane boy. Does this make me irresponsible? after all I'm having a litter not intending to keep all of them! The one other dane litter I had, had 10 pups and I only kept 2 from that litter. 1 of them I then had to rehome as only one testicle descended so I couldn't show him and unfortunately the bitch I kept had to be put down almost 2 years ago - along with her mum.
    Am I irresponsible and uncaring for rehoming that 1 boy who couldn't be shown? Some might say yes but I personally think it was the best thing for the boy. You see, at that time most of my time spent with my danes was spent travelling to shows, if he couldn't be shown I couldn't take him which meant him staying home alone. So, I found him a pet home where he still lives now and is doted on. I call that being responsible. Also by the time I finally accepted that he couldn't be shown (he was about 1 years old) the whole family loved this dog to bits, none of us wanted to rehome him but we all accepted it was best from him.
    Now I didn't do it through rescue, I vetted the home myself and all my pups went on the grounds that I will take them back at whatever age and must never be sent to rescue.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo
    Moose and Lindsey, Congrats on finding some good homes for the pups, I don't think you'll have too much of a problem rehoming the rest.

Right, I'm gonna set myself up for a right old backlash now, but heres goes.
    I have cats as well as dogs, all cats are speyed and the dogs too unless I'm showing them, however, we bought two kittens a couple of years ago and at less than a year old the kittens came back pregnant from the same wild cat.
    Yes, I should have gotten them speyed sooner as I normally do but we were in the process of moving back to England and through my own fault it didn't get done.
    The cats had the kittens (these cats were pedigrees too and I never had any intention of breeding from them) and I rehomed all but one of them which we kept and is now waiting for the right age to be speyed. The two that had the kittens were speyed as soon as possible after having the kittens.
    I dare say there will be some of you that say I was cruel, irresponsible and shouldn't have animals.
    I have no defence to that. I've had animals my whole life, they're vet checked regularly, wormed, frontlined and have great lives. This was one moment of irresponsiblity that unfortunately caused our pets to have kittens but I've learnt from that and it will never happen again.

(before anyone comments - yes both the cats did fall pregnant at the same time, I didn't let it happen once and then happen again. Both were from the same litter and had their kittens one week apart. No defence I know but just so you know)
    How can a cat get pregnant from a wild cat and have pedigree kittens please explain iam confused ??????/

I've had enough some people can be nice about things and understand so thanx to everyone who gave well wishes etc

But u lot who just pick i can't be bothered anymore!!

Thread closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456