Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fortune told

Default fortune told

hello has anybody had there hand read. im am wanting to get it done but i done have the nerve just incase the person ays someting i dont want to hear. has anybody had it done if so was it anygood did things come true or do you think that its a waste of money to get done. who does it?

Hmmmm... I had my hands and cards read by the wifie from Watten, oh about 5yrs ago now. She said some very precise stuff which, it has transpired, has been spot on, and no-one could/would ever have seen them coming (not even me)! That said, much of the stuff she came up with was waffle that was really quite general, and could have fitted anyone with a bit of imagination... I'm sitting staying on the fence for now!
    WeeBurd.

would you do it again? being it was five years ago?

Yeah, I think so. I was offered recently, but didn't want to tempt fate (currently with child ). Guess that suggests I must half believe it somewhere deep down
    WeeBurd.

Default babies!

Quote Originally Posted by WeeBurd
    Hmmmm... I had my hands and cards read by the wifie from Watten, oh about 5yrs ago now. She said some very precise stuff which, it has transpired, has been spot on, and no-one could/would ever have seen them coming (not even me)! That said, much of the stuff she came up with was waffle that was really quite general, and could have fitted anyone with a bit of imagination... I'm sitting staying on the fence for now!
    Same here. Some of the stuff she told me was frighteningly accurate but i'm scared to go back cos after having been three times, I went along with a friend and decided to have another go since i was there anyway, but I told her - 'I'm almost scared to come here, cos everytime i do, you see another baby in my hand.'
    Guess what her first words were? Another baby!
    'I told you, no more babies!' I screamed.
    'Well, you chose the cards,' she says.
    Now we have a fourth bouncing baby in the family and wouldn't be without him for the world! But I'm not tempting fate and going back again!
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

any real psycic will never tell you bad things..
    they only do *light* readings..
    wont give you news that you are going to die on so and so date.. ect.. they can give you general guidance.. had mine read when i was 21 as well as a past life reading *grins* she asked if i had any conncetion with scotland .. and i said well i have always wanted to go there since i was a little girl.. she looked me straight in the eye and said.. you have to go to scotland your destiny lies there and you will never be truly happy if you dont.. *laughs* my mates and i left.. thinking yeah right... it will be years and years if i ever go.. which is doubtful..
    hmmm a year and a half later not only am i far far away from home and hearth .. but in scotland and married to a wicker!
    http://itqueries.com/

Dear KatarinaI don't think having your hand read makes babies

That's where I get a bit selective about what to believe, because she did actually tell me something unpleasant, although I don't think she meant it that way - maybe it was just a bit more of an insight into the future than I expected. And having had a few glasses of wine, as you do, I made the mistake of coming bouncing home, and spilling it all to my fiance (now husband!)... really wish I hadn't said a thing, as it was gumphhh. Don't really want to discuss what exactly she said on the board, if that's ok <blush>.
    WeeBurd.

Quote Originally Posted by abalone
    Dear KatarinaI don't think having your hand read makes babies
    Really? Oh, heck, what have i been doing wrong?
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Unhappy

Where do the psychics get their information from?... I believe God is the only One who knows, and holds, my future, and I wouldn't trust it to anyone else -I know I won't persuade anyone else of this, and I'm not forcing anyone to believe it, but please don't get mixed up in this stuff.

flyflifer
    im guessing you are going with the superstitions that psycics are evil and anything supernatural is of the devil?
    hun im deeply religious
    but when your whole life has been surrounded by spirits and ghosties.. you tend to get over the whole it be the devils work bit.
    you can tell when something is evil .. you can feel it.. in a persons or things aura.. so to speake
    psycics are of the light.. they have a God given gift of seeing things that may be
    possibilities..

Wink

Flyfifer - thanks for sharing your views. I think perhaps though you may be confusing a fun night out getting your fortune told with scary experiments on the ouija board or something similar, but apologies if I've read you wrong...

I haven't met anyone yet who takes it too seriously, even when they have been told of things that no-one else would know!! Most just view it as a fun night out, where you get together and laugh at the tosh these people come out with.

I think I'll leave the big deep debate regarding God for another day, it's Friday night after all .
    WeeBurd.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by brandy
    flyflifer
    im guessing you are going with the superstitions that psycics are evil and anything supernatural is of the devil?
    hun im deeply religious
    but when your whole life has been surrounded by spirits and ghosties.. you tend to get over the whole it be the devils work bit.
    you can tell when something is evil .. you can feel it.. in a persons or things aura.. so to speake
    psycics are of the light.. they have a God given gift of seeing things that may be
    possibilities..

Brandy, I like your thinking!
    WeeBurd.

Flyfifer - thanks for sharing your views. I think perhaps though you may be confusing a fun night out getting your fortune told with scary experiments on the ouija board or something similar, but apologies if I've read you wrong...

I haven't met anyone yet who takes it too seriously, even when they have been told of things that no-one else would know!! Most just view it as a fun night out, where you get together and laugh at the tosh these people come out with.

I think I'll leave the big deep debate regarding God for another day, it's Friday night after all .
    Weeburd....I agree totally with what you've just said here!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

*laughs* should have seen my mates face.. when she watched the house and cats one time when we were on holiday!
    i told her no to get spooked if strange things happened .. she laughed at me..
    she kept coming in and doors she shut would be open.. she put it off as the cat opening.. finally she made sure the cat was out .. shut the doors firmly made sure they were shut.. FIRMLY.. and came back to find them all open.. *laughs* they like to open in turn a lot of times..
    you will be down stairs and here them pop open.. or upstairs in teh room and see the door just open up.. no biggie.. use to things like that!
    the one that freaked my whole family out was when my youngest brother now 18 was about 2.. my mum moved into a new house.. well had a long hallway from the living room to bed room.. my brother would always be jabbering away with someone.. and he always said it was the man in the closet.. to make a long story shorter.. one day we were all in teh living room
    mom dad granny and kids..
    kyle was jabbering away.. mum says ." are you talking to the man in the closet? "yes" he said.. she hand him a football and says roll it to him.. well my two year old brother rolls it down the hall.. it rolls all teh way down into the bedroom .. stops.. sits there for a sec. and rolls back to him.. lets just say we cleared out very fast .. and in the end my mum refused to live there as loads other things happened..

I had my hands read by the lady in watten. she told me about my past and it was all true, some of which no one knew about so no one could have told her. she was also correct about my future. she told me i would have a serious operation but she couldn't understand how there was no cut or stitiches, and all this was true. i was amazed. i haven't been back but would like to, but she is cheaper if you get her to come to your house and there is a few of you getting your fortunes done. i might do that.!!
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

I have been to both woman at watten and groats and have to say i think its a load of rubbish. But in saying that the woman at groats has told a few people i know some spooky stuff that theres noway anyone would know. I do want to go again to the woman in groats give it another chance.

OK its Saturday now.....apologies accepted! Thanks for your respectul reply, a refreshing change as so often the Christian viewpoint is attacked. Brandy,it is not a superstition, read Deut 17 vs9-13. There's no difference between fortune tellers/tarot cards/ouija boards/8-ball/horoscopes - they have all been warned against by God, and dabbling in these opens a door for the devil. I used to think it was just innocent fun too, but having heard and read many accounts of the damage that is caused I would respectully advise folks to steer clear. Not a popular view I know, but my duty to warn people.

Is it me, but I have noticed this theme has very few comments from male Orgers, so is getting your palm read and fortune told, purely a Girlie thing or what? Just a curious owld mannie enquiring
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

A load of rubbish if you ask me .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast