Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Seafood Restaurant, Scrabster

Default Seafood Restaurant, Scrabster

I see they won Seafood Restaurant of the Year so congratulations to them. I tried to have a meal there when I was over but they were either closed or fully booked, I can't remember which. I must make a greater effort when I'm over this time. If you've eaten there, do you think it is worthy of the award?

I have been twice and it is really great food and environment.

Diane

Default The Captains Galley

been many times and never anything but exceptional!

Jim, his wife and staff always deliver. Would recommend to absolutely anyone....

Default well done

here here, i agree with the comments so far, i have been in twice and i intend on going again, as i find it well worth it, and always somewhere special to take a loved one on that special occasion.

Sorry to be pernickty & off topic but in the report it states that the Captains Galley is only 100ft from the fish quay....Crap reporting by stv as per usual, Its at least 1000ft away- it used to be 100 ft in the 90`s but theyve since modernised Scrabster docks into an unreckonisable place- it s not bad at all i must add
    Cmey e Scorries

I was taken there by my husband for my birthday treat a year ago. Everyone found this funny as I dont like seafood that much.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The dining room is unusual and the meal was lovely. I had fishcakes for starter and they were the best I have tasted Lamb for the main course and I cant remember if I managed a pudding.

For somone who is not fussed on seafood I can recommend it highly.

Great food, not cheap and not enough.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    I was taken there by my husband for my birthday treat a year ago. Everyone found this funny as I dont like seafood that much.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The dining room is unusual and the meal was lovely. I had fishcakes for starter and they were the best I have tasted Lamb for the main course and I cant remember if I managed a pudding.

For somone who is not fussed on seafood I can recommend it highly.

You had plenty wine then?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Ah mind yer portion sizes now Rheggers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    That is what my other half said he had Lamb as main course which made me laugh going to a seafood restaurant

However Jim and Mary came over to chat at the end of our meal which was excellent
    I told them the the Smoked Haddock I had as a main was brilliant and just like my mums a compliment in my book
    great food great company totally relaxed what else would you expect with the Caithness Ambience and outlook and Sutherland folk
    Its nice to be nice

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    You had plenty wine then?
    Erm well yes just a little but it tasted sooooo nice. I managed to keep my dignity tho

Is this the old Upper Deck place in Scrabster?
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Default The Captains Galley

I was there again last week. Exceptional quality food in a friendly atmosphere with great staff. A real treat but certainly not one that I can afford regularly.
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....