Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Problems problems

Default Problems problems

I have just had an earful from a fellow Orger about a book she has bought. I do not have a copy of 'Wick of the North' but she says there are pages missing and duplicate pages. Have any other Orgers noticed it? The problem goes from pages 711 to 742 and there is a lump of page numbers that are all out in her copy. It seems to just be a printing error but it is a fairly big mistake. I would be interested to hear from you if you have the same thing.

We have copies of that book here in Caithness Horizons, have just looked through it and can find no printing errors. Must unfortunately be that particular copy of your friends.

That is just her kind of luck. In all fairness to her, she was philosophical about it because it has happened to her before and she will read what she can of it. There will just be gaps in the history. Very unusual. But she bought Pride and Prejudice a number of years ago and there were pages missing from the print run. I think she should give up buying books

Default Rare

Quote Originally Posted by achingale View Post
    That is just her kind of luck. In all fairness to her, she was philosophical about it because it has happened to her before and she will read what she can of it. There will just be gaps in the history. Very unusual. But she bought Pride and Prejudice a number of years ago and there were pages missing from the print run. I think she should give up buying books
    Or she could hang on to them as if its a one off it could be a very rare book.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    Or she could hang on to them as if its a one off it could be a very rare book.
    just check, there is no such mistake. lucky her

Just had o look at my book - pages are OK
    Knowledge talks - Wisdom listens