Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Voluntary Drug Testing

Default Voluntary Drug Testing

What does everyone thinks of the blokes who volunteered for drug testing and have suffered? How would you feel about volunteering yourself? Would you try to get compo even though you signed a disclaimer?

I still think I would volunteer if I needed the money badly.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 15-Mar-06 at 19:22.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Yeah I would do it. It seems quite rare that things like this happen. I'm not sure they can claim for compensation, they probably had to sign a release form.
    You've always got a 50-50 chance of being on placebos anyway....
    You get what you give

I think I would voulenteer if the money was right. This is the frst time anything major has gone wrong so I would take the risk. Apparently, they hardly ever let women take the tests though so I doubt if I would be in with a chance!!
    I don't know if I would be so happy for a son or daughter of mines doing this though.

I hope they get well soon.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

they do these trials in aberdeen using men and women. It is also done in glasgow and their adverts for volunteers can be seen in the newspapers. Volunteers are vetted first and the tests are carried out under strict medical supervision. your accomodation is in the building and all your food supplied so its a free holiday and you get paid for it. The most famous ones were for the cold and flu research in Salisbury, you either got a cold or didnt, so i would probably volunteer for that one.....safer.!
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

I don't think i would volunteer. The first reason being my family if anything was to happen to me it wouldn't be fair on them. And the second reason would be i have a fear over needles silly i know but thats just life .And there alot more to life than money .

I would do it, it is all for the greater good, and the money would not go wrong these days, with all the money the goverment is taking. Needles lots of people seem to be scared of them, not sure why can't understand it my self i guess it is like spiders, more people are scared of them than they are of dying, oh well lol any way i would definatly do it!! Test away

You're just jealous because the
    voices are talking to me and not you!

I would volunteer if it was one of the safer ones like the cold & flu viruses. If the money was right it could be a way of getting money for charity without all the hard work.
    To stay young live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age.

hya
    i would do it if the money was good, but i feel very sorry for the men thats really ill, theres always a 50/50 chance but i would still do it if i needed the money!