Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Earthquakes

Default Earthquakes

If you're interested in earthquakes and such like then take a look at this:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/...quakes_all.php

Did you know that there was that many earthquakes everyday?
    You get what you give

saveman i have earthquakes every morning about 9:45am just before tea time when the belly rumbles lol.

Your getting me worried as I am off to Alaska next week - I knew there was Earthquakes there but had no idea there was so many. Suppose a lot of little ones is better than one big one. I will start getting really worried when they stop for a while.....
    In mitigation Mr Bruce de Wert said his client had been drinking and could remember little of the incident.

thats some amount o quakes in just the week.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

www.tugmistress.co.uk

Default I experienced an earthquake in Alaska

I was working in Anchorage in 1987, and stayed in a 5-storey apartment building on the edge of town. I was on the fifth floor. I woke up one Saturday morning, unsure of what disturbed me, it was dark. I heard this tinkling noise, so I switched on the light, to find the ceiling light swaying from side to side, with the shade making the noise. Right about then, I realised the bed was shaking, and so were the curtains. I shot out of bed, and hit the door running, clad in nowt but my skivvies. I was two floors down the stairs when I met another tenant who was climbing up. He looked at me in a puzzled way, and then nodded and kept going. I shouted after him that there was a *&%%^& earthquake going on, and he never even slowed down, just said it happened all the time!! I then realised that the quake had stopped, and crept back to my place with a VERY red face!!

Wow Saveman, thats scary.
    My boyfriend studied Geology and Chemistry at uni and watches every prog about that sort of thing. I am going to email him this info, I think he will find it fasinating. Although he probably knows it all already.
    Thanks.