Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: albino sparrow

Default albino sparrow

I think I may have an albino sparrow in my garden. It is cream coloured and always with sparrows and looks like a sparrow. Has anyone come across this with sparrows before.

Default Thursday

Hi,

I saw one in my garden the other day. I was a little surprised and tried get a picture of it on my camera. I am not very good at using the camera and if I manage to suss it out, I will post the picture of this bird later on.

Oh that would be lovely to see.

This is what an albino sparrow looks like. http://www.ephotozine.com/photo/225967
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Oh that would be lovely to see.

This is what an albino sparrow looks like. http://www.ephotozine.com/photo/225967
    I see the one I consider as mine around from time to eime. I thought the others might pick on him but he seems to have been accepted ok.

You are so lucky to have this wee visitor to your garden and glad the other birds are accepting it okay.

Hi,

Yes, that looks like the one I saw in my garden.

Oh lucky you!

Have you seen it again?

I am glad that you posted this query as I saw a white bird in amongst a whole pile of others and thought that I must have been seeing things!!!

I get a couple of very pale ones coming to my feeders but its not as creamy/white as the one in the link.

hope you can catch a pic of it to share with us