Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Car Damage

Angry Car Damage

So what do you do, Monday morning between 9am & 9.40am parked at the Doctors - someone damaged the drivers side wing. Not noticed untill following day when the passager door was open - it seemed to stick - then the crunch the door opening had push the wing in stopping the door opening and casing quite a bit of damage.
    No information from the driver can only think his note must have blown off the windscreen.

Has anyone else had this type of problem - how can you get at drivers who cause damage and get away as fast as they can.

Cool

That happened to me a couple of years ago,at the same place & just to make ye feel better, I didnt find out who it was either!!
    Wasnt as badly damaged just a dent, but even so. Its a scunner

Quote Originally Posted by Countryman
    No information from the driver can only think his note must have blown off the windscreen.
    Being a bit optimistic there! More likely they scarpered as soon as they heard the crunch - the high number of uninsured (and even unlicensed) drivers on the roads these days. The good old days of honesty are well behind us.......

Very charitable of you but I'm afraid it's more likely they realised no one had seen and just went. It's probably happened to many of us at one time or another and there is just nothing you can do. Even the doctor can't tell you who was there at that time - confidentiality. So unfair as could be expensive and you lose either way - whether you pay for it or claim on insurance.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Ask the Docs if they have CCTV on the car park. They might have caught the culprit on video.

That is so annoying. People dont seem to realise the damage they do.

I had the front wing of my car badly dented in the car park in Back Bridge Street...too big a dent for a car door to have done it, and too high up for a car bumper to have caused it. So somebody in a large vehicle has driven into my car then cleared off.

I've started parking along the riverside...less chance of some fool doing damage (maybe!).
    You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!

Angry

In the past I have had to have the drivers door replaced, that was after parking in what I thought was a safe carpark in Thurso. No note left either. Just the other day one of my friends had to have two doors replace on his car after somebody damaged them in Sommerfields car park in Wick, again no note left on the windscreen, or perhaps it blew off ????

The other thing that annoys me in supermarket car parks are the thoughtless people who push their trolleys between parked cars to get totheir own one. Too lazy to walk round the proper route, and that action generally leaves scratch marks along the side of two cars.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

scrapydoo Guest

grrrr it makes me mad i had a dent appear magically in the side of my car a couple of months back my letter must have blown away as well the annoying thing was that it was parked outside my house and nobody saw anything.

This isn't the first and it isn't the last.

I hope you'll not mind me saying to the person who has done this (if they're an orger) that it takes more strength to admit you've done it, stand up and be counted, than to run and hide.
    You get what you give

I once had some one scrape my car out side my house the must of known thet did coz they left there paint on it all they have to do is come and say i scrape your car but no they just take off well i hope someone does it to there s grrrrrrrrr

Even when you report it to the police they don't do anything about it.

Angry

Twice in the past I have been sitting in a vehicle and someone has done this!Both people just walked away as if nothing had happened until I jumped out and called them back, one of them even denied any contact had taken place at all! We now are very carefull where we park and what kind of car we park beside (try not to park beside anything bashed or rusty)

what if you own something bashed and rusty lol.....

Talking

Yea, I guess we have problems then ice box, eh! It should give us pleanty of space to get in and out though.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Wink

park squint and maybe no one will park beside you cos they'll think "eek, no parkin there, see them? canny even park!?"
    it's a sair fecht

So what do you do, Monday morning between 9am & 9.40am parked at the Doctors - someone damaged the drivers side wing. Not noticed untill following day when the passager door was open - it seemed to stick - then the crunch the door opening had push the wing in stopping the door opening and casing quite a bit of damage.

Has anyone else had this type of problem - how can you get at drivers who cause damage and get away as fast as they can.
    Have u tried using a sink plunger to see if the dent pops out

Angry

know how u feel stayed overnight in inverness woke next morning someone in there wisdom desided to stick the boot in front wing. cost too much insurance job!

Quote Originally Posted by jings00
    park squint and maybe no one will park beside you cos they'll think "eek, no parkin there, see them? canny even park!?"

They'll do anything to get a parking space at back bridge street....

LOL - takin it to the extreme methinks!! :-)
    it's a sair fecht

mind you, not saying that anyone here is not good at parking... but... i see cars parked opposite junctions, on corners and things like that so it is little wonder sometimes that cars get dinged.
    it's a sair fecht