Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Tesco dancing on Asda's grave at the Mart in Thurso?

The proposed development at the Mart is potentially the True saviour of Thurso.

There is no virtue in revisiting failed rejected fantasies elsewhere in the town. Therein lies the road to ruin. And we the people of Thurso must never be fooled onto that path.

The Regal Wee who have not lived in Thurso for how many years ?

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post

There is no virtue in revisiting failed rejected fantasies elsewhere in the town. Therein lies the road to ruin. And we the people of Thurso must never be fooled onto that path.
    i refer to my reply on the Planners give go ahead to our project thread.

Following the inevitable outcome of recent events there is still only one serious contender in the Thurso development stakes. For your own benefit I implore all my fellow Thurso folkies to support the proposed development at the mart. The future of the town depends on its success. Your future depends on its success. There are no alternatives. Get behind the proposed development at the mart or forever hold your ambition. Your councillors support you and they support the proposed development at the mart. For your sake, for the sake of your children and your children's children give the mart your unequivocal support.

C

Just out of interest who is this Crayola who has such a great interest in Thurso and the mart site? Does he/she live in Thurso? Does he/she own property in or around the mart area? I'd just like to know what their interest is?
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    Just out of interest who is this Crayola who has such a great interest in Thurso and the mart site? Does he/she live in Thurso? Does he/she own property in or around the mart area? I'd just like to know what their interest is?
    Does it really matter who he/she is? Just take the posts at face value. It is an anonymous message board.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Does it really matter who he/she is? Just take the posts at face value. It is an anonymous message board.
    It's great to be able to hide behind anonymity while it lasts

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Taylor View Post
    It's great to be able to hide behind anonymity while it lasts
    What do you mean?
    Last edited by Rheghead; 25-Feb-17 at 16:53.

Is this Crayola?

“We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Your councillors support you and they support the proposed development at the mart. For your sake, for the sake of your children and your children's children give the mart your unequivocal support.
    No, I think I will stick to giving my support 100% to a development that is viable. As for the Councillors you speak of, they don't support me, they clearly don't speak for me, so, we will see what happens when May comes.

"And we the people of Thurso" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    What do you mean?
    Sorry that comment wasn't aimed at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Is this Crayola?

You've heard it too then?

Crayola, I think I just saw your profile.......
    Please tell me it is not true????

see a large FOR SALE sign has now been erected in the old Mart site.....

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    see a large FOR SALE sign has now been erected in the old Mart site.....
    Whats the going rate for a large these days? don't really see many for sale

So the Mart site debacle continues. Dancing on Asda's grave for sure.

so if its up for sale now then what happened to the proposed garden centre and supermarket? I personally don't think Asda are interested in opening up there or anywhere else round this area, same with the other big names that were bandied around over the last couple years. I can't see Thurso improving much either with the recent developments (or rather a lack of developments) and coupled with the further downgrading and job reduction at Dounreay it only means less money coming into the area. Scrabster making a bigger pier will only benefit the few so what's left?

I can assure you Asda will not be opening a store in Thurso. It is not logistically feasible for them to build a store in Thurso. Looks like you're stuck with another eyesore. I suggest you get on to 'e cooncil and ask what is going on. Only they know.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

I know the new development at the Mart site was awarded planning permission in the summer. Has anything moved forward on site yet?

I don't expect to be told Waitrose and John Lewis are opening next week but some positive news would be welcome after such a long wait.