Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesco dancing on Asda's grave at the Mart in Thurso?

Your personal perception of a ménage à trois is in my mind a reflection of wishful thinking. The problem is that there aren't even effective couples active at this time. I fear mi16 is right and the status quo will exist for some years yet. There will be no Tesco at the mart. There will be no Asda at the mart or indeed anywhere else in Thurso. And the mart site will continue to lie empty and to become ever more derelict and an even greater eyesore. Even the rats will move out.

Everyone knows the mart site is not the right place for a shop.

Everyone knew at the start that Tesco wouldn't build, except for the councillors who willed it through against the wishes of the people they are supposed to represent.

The councillors thought they could tell Tesco what to do. Tesco. Really? Have you seen the kinds of things Tesco has been up to in the past? Even the government can't control them. Tesco does what Tesco wants.

There should have been an Asda at Pennyland and if those who couldn't see it before still can't see it, then there's no hope for Thurso.

Tesco are SCUM! Scared of competition, They buy land in every town and city and refuse to build to prevent Asda or other supermarkets expanding their businesses. It's about time the government gave Tesco what for. Anyway, a good thing I suppose, Tesco profits were down by 6% this last quarter. Philip Clarke you are a failure! Did you know that all these supermarkets have software that every time Tesco or any other leading retailer are mentioned online it is tracked. Tesco you have had your day.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late View Post
    Tesco are SCUM! Scared of competition, They buy land in every town and city and refuse to build to prevent Asda or other supermarkets expanding their businesses. It's about time the government gave Tesco what for. Anyway, a good thing I suppose, Tesco profits were down by 6% this last quarter. Philip Clarke you are a failure! Did you know that all these supermarkets have software that every time Tesco or any other leading retailer are mentioned online it is tracked. Tesco you have had your day.
    I am not sure you could call a man who has worked his way from shelf stacker to CEO with a salary of over £1,000,000 a year a failure.I wouldn't mind failing under similar circumstances.
    W.A.T.P.

And this is his company car.....

Yep, failure. Abject failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    And this is his company car.....

Yep, failure. Abject failure.
    I like the wheels,Phill, was it buy one and get one free?
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Nah, 3 for the price of 2.

*cheapest aircraft is free item

Philip Clarke is a failure in the sense that since becoming CEO of Tesco, their sales, profits and shares have dropped. As I said in an earlier post, Tesco had plans to give so many stores a mini refurb and spent millions of pounds on fixtures and fittings only to cancel the whole thing as they were losing trade to cheaper competitors.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

I see another top exec has quit Tesco. No confidence in the CEO......

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/top-tesco-...7.html#I5oDKak
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

While not anti Tesco's I think this is a disgrace. I would like another supermarket. Advantage of ASDA is their petrol pricing policy, national & not town by town. The supermarket I like best is Sainsbury but I think we are to far north for them.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...ket?CMP=twt_fd

And Asda's prices aren't regionalised either.

I prefer Waitrose and Sainsbury's, you get a better class of shopper in those stores rather than the chavs and losers that frequent ASDA and Tesco. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    I prefer Waitrose and Sainsbury's, you get a better class of shopper in those stores rather than the chavs and losers that frequent ASDA and Tesco. ;-)
    oh Jox, how to alienate half the orgers in one little statement.....
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
    oh Jox, how to alienate half the orgers in one little statement.....
    Gaz- are you suggesting half of the org are chavs and losers?
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Gaz- are you suggesting half of the org are chavs and losers?
    ah trust you to yet again twist things to suit your own purpose. I merely pointed out that many orgers use Tesco and ASDA, myself included.....

To paraphrase Dennis Skinner, I suggest half the org are not chavs and losers! :-)))

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    To paraphrase Dennis Skinner, I suggest half the org are not chavs and losers! :-)))
    Or is one half chavs and the other losers ?
    W.A.T.P.

For anyone that might have missed it there's a petition requesting Tesco to tidy up the mart site by planting grass and wildflowers here https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...mart-in-thurso Should we follow this up by asking that they bring back sheepies to the mart? That would refresh the parts that Tesco can't ever hope to reach.

There are now in excess of 1000 signatures on the petition calling on Tesco to turn the mart site into a grassy park with wild flowers. Does this mean the people of Thurso would rather have a park than a Tesco or an Asda at the mart? What would YOU prefer, a park or a Tesco?
    Last edited by crayola; 07-Jul-14 at 00:24.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.