Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesco dancing on Asda's grave at the Mart in Thurso?

So now we know. The ground at the mart may be chemically contaminated but Tesco say they want to go ahead and build a new superstore there anyway. Ha! Who else thinks all Tesco want is to extend their planning permission for another 5 years to hold onto the land without building anything at all? Needless to say the Saxophone is involved to no avail. He knew what's been going on but he hasn't achieved anything and he hasn't told us anything. So much for being our representative. I don't believe Tesco will build there in the forseeable future and probably they never will. Does anyone disagree? Read all about it in the local newspaper http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/...e-08052014.htm

i've said it before on here ...

Tesco are taking the absolute piss out of the people of Thurso

They know enough of us will keep flocking there and filling their tills so they don't give a tinker's toss

I am quite happy now as Asda are delivering to me regular, and products far better than Tesco, and cheaper on my pocket, so Tesco can stick there site.

spoke to the manager in the thurso store he says tescos have no plans to open a new store

I'm sure he'll be delighted that he made that quote, Paul.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    spoke to the manager in the thurso store he says tescos have no plans to open a new store
    I am sure he is privvy to the goings on in the Tesco boardroom also
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    I am sure he is privvy to the goings on in the Tesco boardroom also
    i think so

Ha ha I wonder when the council will learn the truth that Mr P Cannop's manager of Thurso's grotty wee Tesco already knows.

I'd be very surprised if the tesco executives were sharing their plans with a low level shopkeeper
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    I'd be very surprised if the tesco executives were sharing their plans with a low level shopkeeper
    . Agreed!!

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Ha ha I wonder when the council will learn the truth that Mr P Cannop's manager of Thurso's grotty wee Tesco already knows.
    hes not my manager

Symbolically, he's your Tesco manager. Could someone ask him to tell the Highland Council that Tesco have no plans to build on the mart site? It would save the HC a lot of time. And effort. And money. Our money!

That would be an excellent career move
    W.A.T.P.

Symbolically, he's your Tesco manager. Could someone ask him to tell the Highland Council that Tesco have no plans to build on the mart site? It would save the HC a lot of time. And effort. And money. Our money!
    no hes not i dont even work at tescos

I was speaking figuratively. He's your Tesco manager in the sense that the manager of your bank is your bank manager. Although that situation could change if he makes the career move of telling the HC that Tesco have no plans to build on the mart. . In which case he could be prospective manager of your big shiny new Asda at the mart.

So, do you think Tesco will take the council to court or appeal to the Scottish Government over this latest mind boggling yet exciting development as seen in 'e Courier the day?

Quote Originally Posted by susie View Post
    So, do you think Tesco will take the council to court or appeal to the Scottish Government over this latest mind boggling yet exciting development as seen in 'e Courier the day?
    What exciting development would this be?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I am very sorry, I seem to have posted a reply in an inappropriate place. I'm getting older by the second.

Thanks Susie for drawing that development to the attention of all of us. The HC have told Tesco to brick up or pack up but haven't given a timescale. This looks like a fudge to me and the only positive is that it's better than doing nothing. It's not encouraging that it took an FOI request to get the information into the public domain. The story in the local paper is here http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/...n-20052014.htm

Thanks Susie for drawing that development to the attention of all of us. The HC have told Tesco to brick up or pack up but haven't given a timescale. This looks like a fudge to me and the only positive is that it's better than doing nothing. It's not encouraging that it took an FOI request to get the information into the public domain. The story in the local paper is here http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/...n-20052014.htm
    Except that isn't what they have said at all, they threatened to revoke planning.Tesco have no desire to build so either way it's a winner.
    W.A.T.P.