Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: J.D. Wetherspoon

Quote Originally Posted by rfr10 View Post
    Oh, I have another complaint - why is their food sometimes so terrible and taste like it has been microwaved? I really don't know why I keep going back - think that will have been the last time!
    I only ever went in there once and never again since. Make a decision not to go back in there for nothing and stick with it.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Quote Originally Posted by Vistravi View Post
    I only ever went in there once and never again since. Make a decision not to go back in there for nothing and stick with it.
    I'll try to this time!!

rfr10

I think I know the reason you were approached by the bar staff after you bought your drinks.....

They probably thought, oh no theres the guy who puts every single thought he has on the message board on Caithness .org. Next thing we'll know, he'll be starting some campaign that he was servred drink and passed it on to underagers in the full view of the bar staff....

Thousands read the message board it but only 30 odd are daft or consider themselves important enough to think that other people may care what they thought for that 20 secs of their life.( most of us are too busy working)

Funny how every org night that is planned everyone makes thier excuse as to why they cant turn up.....we all know the reason why....to embarrassed........

Quote Originally Posted by Droopy View Post
    rfr10

I think I know the reason you were approached by the bar staff after you bought your drinks.....

They probably thought, oh no theres the guy who puts every single thought he has on the message board on Caithness .org. Next thing we'll know, he'll be starting some campaign that he was servred drink and passed it on to underagers in the full view of the bar staff....

Thousands read the message board it but only 30 odd are daft or consider themselves important enough to think that other people may care what they thought for that 20 secs of their life.( most of us are too busy working)

Funny how every org night that is planned everyone makes thier excuse as to why they cant turn up.....we all know the reason why....to embarrassed........
    Clearly the message board also has people who are very hypocritical. If you don't care then don't post. Simple.

Oh, I have another complaint - why is their food sometimes so terrible and taste like it has been microwaved? I really don't know why I keep going back - think that will have been the last time!
    think it is microwaved
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Droopy View Post
    rfr10Funny how every org night that is planned everyone makes thier excuse as to why they cant turn up.....we all know the reason why....to embarrassed........
    Some of us orgers don't live in caithness to attend
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    think it is microwaved
    Oh well that explains why it tastes like it is cooked in a microwave!

Here in Charleston, South Carolina you get asked for ID if you look under the age of 40. Once I forgot my ID and I was refused alcohol. The same goes for purchasing cigs.

Cool

[quote=Droopy;562003]rfr10

Do all the local Orgers go to the ORGER nights out??? couldn't imagine anything so awful after putting in a hard day's work. Where do the Orgers normally go? Is it Weatherspoons?

Oh well that explains why it tastes like it is cooked in a microwave!
    Ach no surprise there.

Exclamation

must have been an under manager as in wick its a manageress whos in charge tony

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bucket View Post
    Simples you should all have been adult enough to have ID on you.

Didn't know people had to carry ID, I'm an adult and I don't carry any. If in doubt the bar staff should have checked before serving

I think there is a serious point in this apart from the id issue. I find that the way people treat teenagers and young adults is pretty poor. I saw a similar thing in Tesco at Christmas where a supervisor was rude and aggressive with four teenagers of whom only two had id. The customers explained that they were not together and had simply bumped into each other at the checkout so surely all four of them didnt need id. The supervisor openly scoffed at this and then turned to me and made an awfully disparaging remark about the young people who I had thought were very rational and certainly not unpleasant and actually accepted her decision not to sell them alcohol.

Simply because people are young does not give other carte blance to treat them like they are rubbish. If you cant be professional in your work you should do something else.

Make a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    I would change the law on Licensed Premises to over 21's only, that would solve many problems.
    what a good suggestion! then the group of young people under 21yrs can stay in sober all the time

From a barman's point of view, if you have gone to the bar ordered drinks and he thinks you seem to pass as old enough then you would be served. If then you were seen to go to a table were people who look younger than you were then I can see why they came across to check your IDs. If then your friends didn't have ID the bar was correct to remove your drinks - no refund. The only thing that seems to be out of order was the staff's manner, not the ID/no refund.
    And the lack of manner and quality in there is the reason i wont darken Weatherspoons door.

Quote Originally Posted by Vistravi View Post
    Ach no surprise there.
    yeah, if the business owner there served all the customers, then would be very supprised

Yes, I agree, Squidge too much of this malarky going on. Fair enough youngsters under age should not be served drink but come on now there is such a thing as civility and good manners.

Quote Originally Posted by weestraw View Post
    From a barman's point of view, if you have gone to the bar ordered drinks and he thinks you seem to pass as old enough then you would be served. If then you were seen to go to a table were people who look younger than you were then I can see why they came across to check your IDs. If then your friends didn't have ID the bar was correct to remove your drinks - no refund. The only thing that seems to be out of order was the staff's manner, not the ID/no refund.
    And the lack of manner and quality in there is the reason i wont darken Weatherspoons door.
    Yes, I quite accept what you have said here but I do think they should really have made sure I wasn't purchasing the drinks for anyone who was under the age of 18 before selling them to me. My friends look no younger than I do and the waitress who asked us for ID knew exactly who we were and should know how old we are. It wouldn't be her that would get in trouble anyway if we WERE under 18 so why did she have to cause such a hassle - it's not as though we were falling about drunk. Yes like you have said, it is more tha attitude of the staff that annoyed me. I hope they do take my complaint seriously and do something about it but if the head office staff are the same as their managers, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

I can see where your coming from as you should of been asked for ID when at the bar, especially as it is now if you look to be under 25 your to be asked for ID. But just make sure for next time yous all have your ID. I know that i carry some sort of ID with me all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
    I can see where your coming from as you should of been asked for ID when at the bar, especially as it is now if you look to be under 25 your to be asked for ID. But just make sure for next time yous all have your ID. I know that i carry some sort of ID with me all the time.
    Next time, I think I'll be going elsewhere! Only reason we went to Wetherspoons' was because of the price.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast