Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: J.D. Wetherspoon

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Tbh, I worked in a bar for 6 years. Sometimes when it's busy you can't watch every single table that comes in and sits down. If one person comes to the bar and I had a doubt about their age, I'd ID them. If I saw that they had given drinks to people I had suspected were underage, I'd ID them too. I'd be quite within my rights to as well.

Stop whinging about it, you're acting like the only 18 year old who's had drink taken from them. It's £6.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 26 and I still get asked for ID for drinks.

Your mates should learn from this.
    How many times have I had to say already on here that they will learn and they accepted that it was their mistake for not taking ID but it was the general attitude of the staff we were appalled with, not the fact they had to take the drinks away. And why, when I asked twice to speak to the manager, did I have to wait 10 minutes before he came over .. and it turns out it wasn't the manager at all.

Attitude I am complaining about - not fact drinks were taken away

Just making that clear and I will now stop posting. I've got the responses I need so I don't need any more people telling me that we should learn from it and no I will not stop whining about it - I have every right to do so. If you don't like it, don't respond to my thread. Thank you.
    Last edited by rfr10; 18-Jun-09 at 10:15.

Thrumster - next to the best pub in the world "The Old Smiddy Inn"

Default Last word....

rfr10 - keep your word. You got good advice. Deep breaths and give way gracefully. It is more honourable. I assure you.

WBG

Quote Originally Posted by rfr10 View Post
    ATTITUDE I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT - NOT FACT DRINKS WERE TAKEN

Just making that clear and I will now stop posting. I've got the responses I need so I don't need any more people telling me that we should learn from it and no I will not stop whining about it - I have every right to do so. If you don't like it, don't respond to my thread. Thank you.
    I would suggest you read the Org rules and as this thread is yours, close it

SHOUTING!!!
    When messages are posted in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, it is considered to be shouting. On the whole, the poster does not intend to shout, but has simply omitted to check the status of their caps-lock key before posting. This type of post is almost always taken as shouting and the intent of the post can be misread by other users causing arguments and disruption to come from a simple lack of care when posting.

Shouting carries 1 Infraction point, duration 1 month.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    I would suggest you read the Org rules and as this thread is yours, close it

SHOUTING!!!
    When messages are posted in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, it is considered to be shouting. On the whole, the poster does not intend to shout, but has simply omitted to check the status of their caps-lock key before posting. This type of post is almost always taken as shouting and the intent of the post can be misread by other users causing arguments and disruption to come from a simple lack of care when posting.

Shouting carries 1 Infraction point, duration 1 month.
    Good grief...talk about nit picking, and anyway that rule says "When messages are posted in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS", his message is NOT "ALL CAPITAL LETTERS", mearly one sentence is.

Exclamation

what a hee haw about nothing at all , the easy answer is if your not happy dont go back, wdj will still survive without you
    am there quite regularly and find the staff both polite and helpful
    there paid to do a job and thats it tony

Time to close thread! Thank you for comments once again (to some!).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345