Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Foreign Currency

Exclamation Foreign Currency

Just wanted to recommend to everyone that you shop around for all your holiday money. I have been lucky enough to have been in Prague recently and going to Spain in August. I bought Koruns for going to Prague from my local P.O. and got about 38 for each £1 . In Prague i could have got up to 42 for each £1(if i had english money but they will not take Scottish). I even used my Switch card at a local ATM and got 40 for each £1. Next time i'll just take either Engish money or use my bank card. With holiday season comming up in a few months it can pay to shop around. It may just be a difference of a few pence but it can make a big difference to your holiday spending.
    To stay young live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age.

unicorn Guest

I always take english and exchange abroad I always get a better deal that way.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn
    I always take english and exchange abroad I always get a better deal that way.
    I think i'll be doing the same from now on. My sister bought South African Rand recently on the internet and said it was a good deal but i think its a bit of a risk sending money by mail. Not sure what she would have done if her foreing money went missing in the post.
    To stay young live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age.

Remember the exchange rate varies daily.

Also, the PO don't charge commission, but I bet you would have been charged whilst on holiday.
    As one door shuts, another one slams in your face.

unicorn Guest

I have never been charged commission abroad and always get a far better deal.. maybe I am just lucky but I certainly get a better deal abroad.