Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Looking for a cat sitter

Default Looking for a cat sitter

I'm wondering if anyone in Thurso is offering a cat-sitting service? By this I mean visiting the house once or twice a day and feeding the cat, playing a bit, that kind of thing. My cat spent many months at the SSPCA before I adopted him and I can't stand the idea of him going to a cattery and thinking he had been abandoned - maybe that's silly but humour me! I found one service that does live-in pet sitting only but they wanted over £40 per day! I'd want someone experienced and trustworthy enough to give my house keys to. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy caterpillar View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone in Thurso is offering a cat-sitting service? By this I mean visiting the house once or twice a day and feeding the cat, playing a bit, that kind of thing. My cat spent many months at the SSPCA before I adopted him and I can't stand the idea of him going to a cattery and thinking he had been abandoned - maybe that's silly but humour me! I found one service that does live-in pet sitting only but they wanted over £40 per day! I'd want someone experienced and trustworthy enough to give my house keys to. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    i can help you out where about in thurso are you ??

have you tried highland petcare they are really good have used them for my dogs and they are reasonable to if you go to their website gives you all there prices to cannot do that linky thing but just put in highland petcare and you will get all their details good luck x

Quote Originally Posted by purplelady View Post
    have you tried highland petcare they are really good have used them for my dogs and they are reasonable to if you go to their website gives you all there prices to cannot do that linky thing but just put in highland petcare and you will get all their details good luck x

i think that is who she contacted?????????????????????

Default thanks!!!

I just called Highland Pet Care and they seem great - they have someone in Halkirk who can do it, the prices are reasonable and they are all insured and have criminal background checks and everything. They also seem to really care about animals - so I think I will go with them (the service I called before wasn't them it was homesitters and they were the ones I found overpriced).

Mr P Cannop, they said they were looking for someone in Thurso to work for them if you are interested??? Thanks for your offer to help out, much appreciated.

I just called Highland Pet Care and they seem great - they have someone in Halkirk who can do it, the prices are reasonable and they are all insured and have criminal background checks and everything. They also seem to really care about animals - so I think I will go with them (the service I called before wasn't them it was homesitters and they were the ones I found overpriced).

Mr P Cannop, they said they were looking for someone in Thurso to work for them if you are interested??? Thanks for your offer to help out, much appreciated.

ahh...ok..i have used them....never tried homesitters...hope all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by BINBOB View Post
    i think that is who she contacted?????????????????????
    they do not charge anywhere near £40 a day even for dogs and i have too that they take care of x

think you will be more than happy with them they are very good x

they do not charge anywhere near £40 a day even for dogs and i have too that they take care of x
    well,i have 4 and it costs over £ 50 per day....in my house.i do not mind the cost as long as my dogs are safe ,cared for and loved.plus the carer has full use of my house and facilities!!but i need them as i go to hospital periodically.no complaints here.

they are very good are'nt they my dogs went to stau with a very nice dog last week xxxx

yes am very interested

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    yes am very interested
    paul give them a ring they are looking for poeple now x

paul give them a ring they are looking for poeple now x
    i have to download a form fill it out and send it to them

well,i have 4 and it costs over £ 50 per day....in my house.i do not mind the cost as long as my dogs are safe ,cared for and loved.plus the carer has full use of my house and facilities!!but i need them as i go to hospital periodically.no complaints here.

i have to apologise to u all...my calculation of costs were INCORRECT.i worked out that my overall daily charge was about £ 34.75....so i am sorry for my mistake.please do check out the HIGHLAND PET CARE site,where all charges are clearly stated!!

i have to apologise to u all...my calculation of costs were INCORRECT.i worked out that my overall daily charge was about £ 34.75....so i am sorry for my mistake.please do check out the HIGHLAND PET CARE site,where all charges are clearly stated!!

once again..the 4 should be a 2...i really do think my brain has gone away for the weekend!!sorry.