Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Gigs

Quote Originally Posted by Blast! View Post
    Agreed.

Absolute rip off for a bunch of has-beens.
    I give up, we really don't deserve any bands in Caithness.
    Anyone in bands from the South having a look at this forum must think why bother coming here.
    They make jokes about Aberdonians being mean, Caithness is in a class of it's own!
    Last edited by Douglas Cowie; 21-Sep-09 at 20:37. Reason: typo

Jesus, will you lot stop whining. If you dont like the ticket price don't buy one.

The ticket price is in direct relation to the fee the band charge. I have a low capacity to work with so thats the price. Again, it's £28.50 or no gig.

I think you lot believe these bands come up here to play for a couple of pints and a bag of crisps

Well done Music Wicker for getting all these Bands up to Wick lately!
    You've done more in the last few months to get NAMES THAT ARE RECOGNISABLE up ,than anyone else in the last 15 -20 years & i applaud you..
    Those who complain about the ticket prices ...Take a look at what Moncur said & think before you rant...

I think it's a fair price for Ocean Colour Scene. It's probably about £30 - £35 to see them down in say Glasgow anyway. And let's not forget how big this band used to be.

They have some great songs and I'm sure it will be an excellent night!
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Quote Originally Posted by PartChimp View Post
    £28.50 a ticket!!

Bit steep IMO!
    You can check the prices here.

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user?quer...ed_home_onsale

Credit to Wickerman for getting the band this far north. After all, when's the last time a band who count eleven Top 20 Singles to their credit, came this far north. Hats off to you, sir.

Pretty reasonable considering how far north we are, especially compared to the tickets based further afield.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Second-last shout out for JBiA @ Comm this Saturday, and, if you're in Inverness the day before, The Ironworks.
    Hell yes i will be there.

Should i bring a bass guitar?
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Frayed Edges, @ Holborn Bar this Sat night (26th)
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

Looked like a busy week for Caithness bands last weekend! Unfortunately I was working and could not sample all their delights. However I was entertained by the grand Diesel & Dust, who played "Down on the Corner" so I really can't complain. And also Turning Japanese! Didnt see that one coming! Anyway well done boys

Popped into the Newmarket for 2mins before I began work in Skins (where the music wasnt so grand...apart from an Edwyn Collins tune!!) and they sounded good! Would have liked to have seen more of them!

Probably would have poked my heid in the Comm if I had the chance to see JBIA but maybe another time!

Anyhoo, enough gibber jabber, lets get down to business. The London Gentlemen are playing from 8pm on October 4th, at the Newmarket - a fact which I will be reminding you of more and more in the coming days.

We are composed of one singer with good hair and even better guitar skills (no, wait, actually, his hair is better), a genuinely talented drummer turned cajonist and myself!

Pop down if you fancy listening to some indie tunes and the like. Also good banter and booze. A perfect recipe for a well deserved Monday hangover!

Astronot are playing Mad Hatters on December 17th

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Astronot are playing Mad Hatters on December 17th
    Might see if I can make it down to this like

Five bands in Thurso playing on the same night? Been a long, long time since that happened. All bodes well, though.

Quote Originally Posted by loganbiffy View Post
    Same here.

I was in past the Comm and the Newmarket and both seemed to have a strong crowd and the bands were in good form.

I did nip in by TJ's and the Holborn as well but those bands must have been on a break...
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

Quote Originally Posted by loganbiffy View Post
    like theboss, and Imma let you finish n all, but I think I'll try and make this too

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    like theboss, and Imma let you finish n all, but I think I'll try and make this too
    Awesome, only 2 members left to make the trip down then. Wonder if they will make it?......

As far as I know, they don't know it's happening.

How did JBIA get on? I was going to come down and claim my place with my former colleagues but i faffed about a fair bit and then ye gods it was 2am and i still hadnt left the house.

Cazart!
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Weekend wars will be playing tomorrow night between 9 and 11pm in the blackstairs. Currently doing covers but working towards writing our own songs. Influences include kings of leon, kasabian, arctic monkeys and oasis so come along and support the young, local bands

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Broken Records will be in town, too, soon - right?
    Any further word on this? Have caught Broken Records a few times and are excellent, folk would love them up here.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast