Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Gigs

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    . And, of course, don't forget our 30 minute long Take That medley.

Im seeing Take That at hampden tomorrow night... are you as good as them??
    "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…What a sick, masochistic lion."

Fair dues but If ye'd read what I said then you'd realise that we don't play wedding stuff when we're in the pub.
    Ye actually didna say that. You said you'd given up the pub songs and learnt a new set for weddings and parties. Now I can read between the lines as well as the next man, but hell, sometimes we all need just a bit of clarity.

And anyway it said in my first post that we'd do a wedding. So ye either don't actually read posts or ye just like gettin' wired in for no good reason. Canna decided which it is tho?
    You also said you'd do Bar Mitzvahs. Maybe your whole post was a joke - again, how are we meant to tell?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    If you really do a 30minute Take That medley, and do it well, I might be forced to come see you. Do you do all the harmonies?
    Which one of them is the fat dancer (© some Manc loser)?
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post

Which one of them is the fat dancer (© some Manc loser)?
    hoy Metalattakk.... your looking to get into an arguement with a hormonal pregnant woman talking about my boys like that!!

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…What a sick, masochistic lion."

Quote Originally Posted by honey View Post
    hoy Metalattakk.... your looking to get into an arguement with a hormonal pregnant woman talking about my boys like that!!

Hey, it wisna me that said it!

Smile

If the opportunity to play at a Bar Mitzvah arose, I do believe we would take the booking.

It cleary says "and as much fun as this was, and STILL is..." and then later "we STILL do the pub thing." I believe the pub thing is how we orginally started, playin' songs we like and STILL continue to do so. We just do wedding type stuff aswell. And in fairness, it may not have been written exactly as you'd have liked it but I have old mouldy bread in e cupboard that could have understood it.

So we're no a wedding band playin' in e pub. We're a band playin' songs that we want to play in a pub. Can ye no be enticed through?

I will reveal the Fat Dancer til ye if you come down a lookie! Canna say fairer than that?

And with regards to the harmony question Jeid, the answer is no. We do a true take on Take That so we just get a machine to do it. I am of course, Honey.

Fair dues but If ye'd read what I said then you'd realise that we don't play wedding stuff when we're in the pub.

And anyway it said in my first post that we'd do a wedding. So ye either don't actually read posts or ye just like gettin' wired in for no good reason. Canna decided which it is tho?
    You will never get one over metalattakk he moans about everything.
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

So we're no a wedding band playin' in e pub. We're a band playin' songs that we want to play in a pub. Can ye no be enticed through?
    A' doubt hid. We hev' cover bands here in Thirsa too, y'know. As I said, if ye come ben e' hoose then there's every chance I'll make the effort.

I will reveal the Fat Dancer til ye if you come down a lookie! Canna say fairer than that?
    Fair enough. If ye need an extra fat dancer then gimme a shout. I'll see who I can rustle up.

And with regards to the harmony question Jeid, the answer is no. We do a true take on Take That so we just get a machine to do it.
    I ROFLed. Sorry Honey!

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    You will never get one over metalattakk he moans about everything.
    Oh, quit your moaning.

To do an authentic Take That cover you need to have two guys in the band who do absolutely nothing and have no reason to be there.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

We have four of those.

AC/DC - Hampden next week! canna wait!
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

We have four of those.
    us too!

(10 characters)

Are we plugging Hampden here too!!!!!
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

Steely Dan this Friday at the Edinburgh Playhouse. Will they go down a treat? Or will they suck a big one, so to speak? Only time will tell...

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Steely Dan this Friday at the Edinburgh Playhouse. Will they go down a treat? Or will they suck a big one, so to speak? Only time will tell...
    hmmmmmm I started remembering DF's last solo venture "Morph the Cat" & there are some cheese moments in there

thinking about Steely without Steve Gadd or Larry Carlton or Skunk Baxter even. I'll stick to the albums methinks however Jeff Beck is playing in Glasgow I think on the 28th June??

ANYWAY how about the Voodoo Rooms (Edinburgh) this Wednesday

Acoustic Ladyland
    James Brown is Annie
    Newt

booyaa

Another shameless plug...

James Brown Is Annie (supporting John Mayall)
    HMV Picture House, Edinburgh
    Tue 30 June

http://www.mamagroup.co.uk/picturehouse/

For those o' you based in Glasgow... here's a clip of Derek Truck's band - whom James Brown Is Annie are supporting on July 15 at the ABC - that ought to give you a clear taster of what to expect.

note: the funk kicks in around the one-minute mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AkvIErWE8c

[QUOTE=Chobbersjnr;564508]hmmmmmm I started remembering DF's last solo venture "Morph the Cat" & there are some cheese moments in there

thinking about Steely without Steve Gadd or Larry Carlton or Skunk Baxter even. I'll stick to the albums methinks/QUOTE]

9.5/10

The Pixies at the SECC in November...

Fantastic concert by The Shee in Edinburgh last night. They'll be coming to Caithness on September 5th.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/ed...olk.5443447.jp

What does "James Brown is Annie" mean?

Just though i would throw it out there. . .

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast