Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Noisy dogs

Default Noisy dogs

We have new neighbours with 2 dogs that bark constantly when they are left outside... they are tied up outside tonight (we noticed them at 7 and they are still out there now)
    What would you do.....ignore the noise and hope for the best.....complain to them...or what?
    Bit of a pain when trying to get the kids settled in their beds!

Oh don't get me started on noisy dogs it seems as if the spanish have absolutely no idea of misery it causes.

If you can have a word with them politely and stay calm about then you could try. If not keeping a dairy of dates times duration of nuisance to take to police and or local authority.
    Images of Spain can be seen at valspages.com

As they're new neighbours you dont really want to fall out with them so tread carefully.

Have you other neighbours around you? maybe you could collectively complain to the dog warden about the barking and no names would be mentioned.

Our two bark if we're in and their out so we just bring them in.They're abit like attention seeking spoilt brats.

If we're not in and they are they're relatively quiet,that is unless your a postman, then its attach the earmuffs.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

As already said probably either have a quiet word for them to understand you have young ones to settle and the dogs are keeping them up or report it to the dog warden.

Hopefully they are understanding people!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Default dogs

why dont you get them small housewarming gift,to soften them up,and gentle slip the dogs into conversation,commenting how you used to have dogs that barked alot but had to get rid of them due to so many complaints! Worked for me a few years ago,good luck!!

Well apart from the noise,which I know must be really annoying, I would be upset that they are leaving their dogs outside for so long. Unless they have shelter?
    Are your neighbours at home when the dogs are put outside?

The problem is if you have a 'quiet word' and they don't respond well, then they are going to know it is you if you do have to report them.
    So it might be worthwhile having a chat with the SSPCA as the Inspector is very friendly and would know how to handle the situation. Also the Dog Warden may be able to help.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Talk to your neighbours first before going to dog warden . Nothing worse than someone on your doorstep telling you your dogs are noisy and they canna tell you who the complainer is . Im sure if you go about it the right way all will be good in the end
    I ate them all!!!!

Its the dog warden that deals with any noise disturbance so your best speaking to her as she will not disclose who reported the complaint.... if you dont decide to speak to your neighbours yourself.

Nothing grates on my nerves more than a dog barking constantly -- how can they stand it themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    The problem is if you have a 'quiet word' and they don't respond well, then they are going to know it is you if you do have to report them.
    So it might be worthwhile having a chat with the SSPCA as the Inspector is very friendly and would know how to handle the situation. Also the Dog Warden may be able to help.
    I agree. If you don't know your neighbours yet, they're probably not going to have fond feelings for you if you deliver a complaint on your first visit. In this situation, I would choose the anonymous route.