Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tandori Spice - Wick

Default New Indian

Had a fantastic dinner last night. Service was 1st class. Had Chicken Tikka Chasni, mushroom rice & peshwari nan, really really good

Angry

I tried the Spice Tandoori on Saturday night and would agree that the surrounding and the staff were very good. However I thought the food left a lot to be desired and was also a tad on the expensive side. For instance you have to pay extra for the pickles that are normally free with the poppadoms. I also found the food to be very bland which is certainly something you don't expect in a good Indian Restuarant. Perhaps I was just unlucky.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
    I tried the Spice Tandoori on Saturday night and would agree that the surrounding and the staff were very good. However I thought the food left a lot to be desired and was also a tad on the expensive side. For instance you have to pay extra for the pickles that are normally free with the poppadoms. I also found the food to be very bland which is certainly something you don't expect in a good Indian Restuarant. Perhaps I was just unlucky.
    No, you're not alone, I was very disappointed with our takeaway. I agree that the Chicken Tikka Chasni was nice as someone else has said, but the Chicken Korma, Vegetable & Chicken Pakora were very very bland & the poppadoms were like rubber, you had to bend them & pull to get a bit off & they didn't taste very nice either. It's funny, but they tasted like the 'smell of gloss paint' if you know what I mean?? (I know what I mean anyway, )
    It's the first time for a long time, that we binned more than we ate!! Just stick to making my own or going to Abs.

Where's HOTROD by the way, with the Nan Bread recipe he promised us all, to go with his Chicken Dhansak??

Quote Originally Posted by KILTIECAULDBUM View Post
    No, you're not alone, I was very disappointed with our takeaway. I agree that the Chicken Tikka Chasni was nice as someone else has said, but the Chicken Korma, Vegetable & Chicken Pakora were very very bland & the poppadoms were like rubber, you had to bend them & pull to get a bit off & they didn't taste very nice either. It's funny, but they tasted like the 'smell of gloss paint' if you know what I mean?? (I know what I mean anyway, )
    It's the first time for a long time, that we binned more than we ate!! Just stick to making my own or going to Abs.

Where's HOTROD by the way, with the Nan Bread recipe he promised us all, to go with his Chicken Dhansak??
    i have to agree somewat here, i used to live in near Bradford, the curries there had much more of a kick to them, however i cannot fault the service of Tandoori Spice and i'm sure that if you asked them to add some extra spice i'm sure they would oblige. I don't think this is just because were in Wick as i have had a couple of curries while in Inverness and have come across the same problem, so if you like your curries hot ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by j_1971son View Post
    i have to agree somewat here, i used to live in near Bradford, the curries there had much more of a kick to them, however i cannot fault the service of Tandoori Spice and i'm sure that if you asked them to add some extra spice i'm sure they would oblige. I don't think this is just because were in Wick as i have had a couple of curries while in Inverness and have come across the same problem, so if you like your curries hot ask them.
    Hi.
    We couldn't just ask for them to spice things up? A Korma isn't supposed to be hot or spicy & the problem was it being totally tasteless!! It is flavoured with mainly cream, coconut & ground almonds with a small hint of curry & therefore should be VERY tasty without being spicy at all, it is always one of the mildest dishes on the menu!!
    Maybe I should have taken it back & asked them to make it tasty for me?

Default Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by KILTIECAULDBUM View Post

In reply to comment made about the popadoms this was due to our popadom machine being down we did explain to every customer who ate with us that day that the machine was down and thet the popadoms were like this.We also did not charge any customers that night when we noticed the popadom machine was down. Also about the vegetable pakora and chicken pakora being bland i find that hard to believe as so many of our customers have all given good reports regarding our food as being tasty very flavoursome and some say the best they have had. I do apologise that you did not enjoy your meal from us and sugest you try again.

Went again last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

My husband tried the Dhal and Augbergine side dishes which went down well with him and he is definately a curry expert.

I again had the chilli garlic chicken which was slightly hotter this time than last but again I enjoyed it and even found hubby tucking into mine.

please Mr owner of Spice Tandoori, can you buy the Indian Palace in Thurso so we can get a decent Indian restaurant this side of the county too

(not sure if the place is up for sale but the post is piling high on the doormat!)

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, its an honour to serve all our customers and we really appreciate the support that we get from our customers. We will surely keep this in mind and maybe in future we will be able to open a branch at Thurso as long as we have your support. Thanks again for a comment like this.
    -Management
    Spice Tandoori
    www.spicetandoori.co.uk

we're down in Nairn a lot of weekends and go to Al Raj so know your meals are of a good quality and very very tasty, especially your bombay potatoes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spice Tandoori View Post
    In reply to comment made about the popadoms this was due to our popadom machine being down we did explain to every customer who ate with us that day that the machine was down and thet the popadoms were like this.We also did not charge any customers that night when we noticed the popadom machine was down. Also about the vegetable pakora and chicken pakora being bland i find that hard to believe as so many of our customers have all given good reports regarding our food as being tasty very flavoursome and some say the best they have had. I do apologise that you did not enjoy your meal from us and sugest you try again.
    I too found them bland but thats my personal choice. I worked for an Asian family for most of my life and their food was amazing and flavoursome, but sorry i wasnt that impressed with it but maybe since Ive had the real Mccoy then takeaways have alot to live up to!
    Poppadom machine was down? Whats wrong with the fryer? Thats where I do mine!!!
    The last time i tried it the waiters were arguing with the chef and the barman was more interested in telling all the kitchen gossip to one of his friends than paying attention to what was going on. A "15 minute" wait turned into 50 minutes due to staff squabbling.
    Shame as I thought it had such potential, maybe I will try again-After all 3rd time lucky!!!
    Last edited by hotrod4; 14-Aug-09 at 13:58.

been umteen times an found it better everytime i go the food serice 2nd 2 none so tandoors spice keep it up

We had a meal from here and i have to say will not be going back.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by shazzap View Post
    We had a meal from here and i have to say will not be going back.
    think it would be fair to say why you wouldn't be back - at least give the owners chance to address your complaint

Had lunch there when I was over and it did not disappoint. Food was excellent -- the size of the nan bread was amazing but I managed to put it all away. Two thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    think it would be fair to say why you wouldn't be back - at least give the owners chance to address your complaint
    Why else would i not be going back, because i didn't like it.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123