Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tandori Spice - Wick

I seem to be the only one but I found the food a bit Bland.As most of you will know I am an Indiaholic So thought Id share my "wisdom".
    Here is my Review:

I had Chicken Pakora which was very dry but lacked a bit of flavour,the batter was very light and barely covered the chicken.
    The Chicken Dhansak was even worse and to top it all it was flavoured with lemon.Normally a Dhansak is classed as a hot and sour dish but on this occasion there was no heat and found it a bit underwhelming and lacked any real flavour.
    Had the Aloo Gobi which is my favourite side dish, the Flavour was excellent but the Cauliflower was raw.I like "crunch" in my vegetables but this cauliflower hadnt seen any water!!!!!. It was such a shame as the flavour was spot on.
    Overall I thought it was nothing too spectacular but it is their first week so I can easily overlook it.
    I had a Balti house last night so will post that review on a seperate thread.

Dakud007 for the 3 of us it was £67, i thought that was excellent as we had 3 starters, 3 main course's, 3 differenct rice and 3 different nann's as well as 2 drinks each!! Really impressed!

Default takeaway

We had a take away last night it was lovely but it was on the pricey side for me but i have to admit it was worth every penny
    Cmey e Scorries

just had lunch with the missus and my youngest boy and a friend from work, we all totally enjoyed it. my friend and son had onoin bhadji and they both said it was the best they have had. i tryed chicken chat as my starter and it was excellent. all our main courses were lovely

Went there last night and I have to say it was fantastic!Could not fault anything x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Going tonight so will post my view later on.

We had some takeaway tonight, onion bhajis were great, we had lamb tikka massala and lamb tiger khan, really tasty, we had the peas rice which I've never had before and it was a huge big portion, plenty for two people! Got a couple of free poppadoms and pickles thrown in too. Our only disappointment was getting plain naan instead of the peshwari we had ordered, even so the plain one was still very good.

I ordered it early and said I wanted it ready for 8pm, it was ready to collect as soon as we went through the door, now that's service!
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

twinle, thank you for telling me the detailed price.

make me hungry now

Well I went to the Restaurant tonight only to be turned away
    Seems they are fullly booked so that alone must speak for itself.
    There was not a table to be had.
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Default Indian

We had a take away last night and the sevice was first class and the and the food was very good.

I still say the ones from Tesco will be my prefered Indian take away though.

If I was going out to dine I think this place will be top of the list of places to choose from.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

my son and his girlfriend have just come back from having a meal and said it was lovely

Thumbs up

We had a lovely meal.

Service was excellent.

The seating and space around the tables was just right. It was pleasant to find that we were not packed in too tightly and the tables were clean and the seating comfortable.

For starter we had Sheek kebab and Chicken Tikka both were perfect and not too spicy.

Main course was Chilli garlic chicken and Chicken palak. The chilli garlic chicken was very good and the taste of the chillis were just right not too hot and very ,very tasty. The Chicken Palak also was tasty and the spinach flavour was not lost with the spices.

No room for any desert. The waiters were very attentive and the restraunt was busy with other diners and takeaway but this did not impact on the service.

The owner came over and spoke for a little while and was most happy to tell us where he was from and about his other establishments.

All in all I will definatley be going back and would recommend them no problem to anyone.

must come through when hubby is home and give it a try. We use Al Raj in Nairn (same owner) when we are down at our caravan there and its fantastic compared to others up here, tho Cinnamon in Inverness is still my No.1

anyone know if Tandoori Spice will be doing buffet nights?

went last night just me and hubby for the 2nd time and it was beautiful just under £33 that was 2 starters 2 main 3 drinks thought that was very reasonable

They are bound to do a buffet night, they do one in Nairn and it is just great. Thursday night down there but we will just have to wait and see.

I haven't been through yet but looking forward to my first visit. Chicken Darjeeling is my fave!!

Quote Originally Posted by skinnydog View Post
    They are bound to do a buffet night, they do one in Nairn and it is just great. Thursday night down there but we will just have to wait and see.

I haven't been through yet but looking forward to my first visit. Chicken Darjeeling is my fave!!
    do they do pizza there, that s my favorite

Have just come back from one of the best meals I've had in years at the new Indian Restaurant in Wick. I've had to undo my trouser button sitting here as I'm fit to burst!

What can I say, nice atmosphere, very attentive service (we had at least 3 different waiters) and the food was absolutely superb. The only thing missing is the take away menu that I forgot to ask for

I thought the prices were very reasonable especially when considering the quality of the food.

Also, word of mouth must be doing them a great service as it must be the busiest eatery in the county on a Tuesday night, must have been at least 20 tables occupied while we were there.

Well done to the new owners for the great service and the great food, we'll be going back for sure, very soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by forevera123 View Post
    do they do pizza there, that s my favorite
    I hope they don't degrade themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by skinnydog View Post

tHE ONE IN HALKIRK DOES A BUFFETT NIGHT, i GOT THEIR MENU TODAY.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast