Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: BNP Leaflets

Quote Originally Posted by percy toboggan View Post
    Do we describe any party which see a total ban on immigration as 'fascist'?
    Not per se, but we do call a party that is full of dangerous fascists 'fascist'! Why is this so difficult for you to grasp?

its the likes of this thead and trhe gain by the bnp that would make me reconsider my position on voting as stated in an earlier discussion on the european elections. i think its a bit frightening that i would have to go and vote for "the best of a bad bunch" as i think i put it just to make sure that these evil hate mongerers do not win any kind of power. I just wish that the other political partys would make it easier and put up some decent candidates. I can just see the leaflets we'll get next time round, "we may not be great but we're not the bnp". not exactly inspiring.
    AAR

Do we describe any party which see a total ban on immigration as 'fascist' ?
    The Conservative party campaigned heavily on the anti-immigration ticket at the 2005 election.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/

If you are disturbed by their "breakthrough" please sign.

Default eh?

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/

If you are disturbed by their "breakthrough" please sign.
    Given the post immediately above your own call to pens - do you mean the Conservatives?

They did do rather well, particularly in Wales!

Tides: The term 'fascist' is done to death. It's largely anachronistic as many might describe our current Government as 'fascist'
    The dividing line between extreme left and extreme right is blurred at best - it manifests in misery for most, and ecstacy for few.

Quote Originally Posted by ~~Tides~~ View Post
    You mean like Nick Griffin? With his conviction for inciting racial hatred, and his statements that denying the holocaust to school children should be a BNP priority.
    Perhaps.
    With a more charismatic leader the BNP could make greater inroads.
    Griffin is not top drawer material and is weighed down by some of his loonier past pronouncements.

As one who does not want to see the strife a large BNP presence might bring, I'm happy to stick with him though. He is good value, and it's excellent that he can sometimes vocalise the frustrations of so many.

People you would not - could not understand. Tides ebb and flow, but your own inability to adapt or in any way accept the counter view relegates you to Canute status 'ere Tides. You are stuck in your own groove with barely a scintilla of humour, original thought or elegance about your input.

Percy, just wondering as you didnt reply to an earlier post, what do you think of the BNP's policy of relocating those who weren't born in Britain? For example, I think deportation of criminal immigrants is fine. But what about those who are skilled, and important to society, such as Nurses/Doctors/Dentists/Teachers etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Percy, just wondering as you didnt reply to an earlier post, what do you think of the BNP's policy of relocating those who weren't born in Britain? For example, I think deportation of criminal immigrants is fine. But what about those who are skilled, and important to society, such as Nurses/Doctors/Dentists/Teachers etc?
    Happy to answer you Kenneth old cock.
    (my father was a Ken, ken and I have a fondness for the name)
    We are so selfish here sometimes.

Over ten years we need to see what difficulties are caused in under-developed countries by the exodus of medically qualified staff looking for more money in developed Europe.

These people are valuable commodities in any language and currency so it's important we do not suck up all the assets.

Their value , though currently indispensable could be put into perspective by better educating and motivating our own people to strive for professional qualifications...over a deacde and more.

BNP relocation (if it ever came about) is voluntary Kenneth. Incentivised by cash of course. Were I medically qualified I am sufficiently patriotic to ensure I helped my own countrymen first - before thoughts of lining my pockets elsewhere.

I'm not keen on NHS trained Nurses beggaring off to California or Queensland before the ink is dry on their diplomas (and degrees) and would much rather they hung around long enough to repay the cost of their own societies commitment.
    Perhaps an enforced five years of duty at home might reduce the need to import foreign medical staff - who often are hard to understand (personal experience of this).

Happy to answer you Kenneth old cock.
    (my father was a Ken, ken and I have a fondness for the name)
    We are so selfish here sometimes.

Over ten years we need to see what difficulties are caused in under-developed countries by the exodus of medically qualified staff looking for more money in developed Europe.
    These people are valuable commodities in any language and currency so it's important we do not suck up all the assets.
    There is and has been for sometime an exodus of well qualified staff heading to Europe to seek employment . However in many of the countries which are losing these proffesionals there are many more coming along to fill their shoes. In third world countries the percentaage of Doctors compared to in our country is far greater. Many of these proffesionals come to Britain ,fill a gap which is here, train further to our standards then bring that knowledge back to their own country thus enriching their services back home whilst helping us out with our shortage of staff . Whilst in employment here they pay a good deal of tax into the system which they are not going to claim back in the future.

Their value , though currently indispensable could be put into perspective by better educating and motivating our own people to strive for professional qualifications...over a deacde and more.
    Unfortunately Percy you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink is the saying which springs to mind. There are already many people within this country who are more than capable of training to do these jobs but have no motivation or desire to push themselves to achieve greater results.
    How do you motivate people who just dont seem to want to be motivated. In ten years, twenty years or a lifetime if they dont want to do it then they wont.

BNP relocation (if it ever came about) is voluntary Kenneth. Incentivised by cash of course. Were I medically qualified I am sufficiently patriotic to ensure I helped my own countrymen first - before thoughts of lining my pockets elsewhere.

In monetary terms many of the doctors coming to this country are in fact earning less. Private sector in third world countries is so lucrative and well paid you would not believe how much money changes hands for treatment. Many of these proffesionals take many years of trying and expense before they make it to this country.

The cost of living in third world countries is far far cheaper than Britain.
    Its not just money that brings them to Britain its a lifestyle an open society, respect for human life and freedom of speech.

Not everyone will want to be relocated and offering a bribe to make them go isnt the answer. This policy I fear would be the tip of the iceberg and could possibly open the doors for forced repatriation should not enough volunteers step up.

I'm not keen on NHS trained Nurses beggaring off to California or Queensland before the ink is dry on their diplomas (and degrees) and would much rather they hung around long enough to repay the cost of their own societies commitment.
    Perhaps an enforced five years of duty at home might reduce the need to import foreign medical staff - who often are hard to understand (personal experience of this).
    For the five years or so during training the nurses have worked many hours in the hospital for a trainees wage and I would say have worked hard already for their diploma. Not all of them then run off to other countries and why put something in place which may in fact deter nurses from entering into the training if they are going to be forced to stay on after training for a set time.

Good points well made Alice but I hardly think a 5 year commitment would put someone off nursing. If it does then they ain't the right stuff.

A few graduates already aren't - too many have an eye to the wage packet..and the career ladder. Nurisng used to be a vocation...too few still see it that way.

As for motivating people - penalise indolence and incentivise endeavour. I've always worked fairly hard and conscientuously for a modest pay-packet. It should not be beyond the wit of a firm Government to get others to do the same. Dangle carrots.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Then you are in good company.
    Intellectually about as effective as an egg you can only serve to highlight the intolerance you claim to despise.

I personally hope they were British and free range.
    Any brown ones?

Maybe he managed to catch one and take it home for breakfast.
    Thereby having the last laugh.

Do you have any concept of 'I disagree with what you say but would defend to the death your right to say it'?

Probably not - you're not the brightest egg in the basket.

Default Read all about it

BNP leader pelted with eggs by protesters

BNP leader Nick Griffin is bundled away by his security guards outside the Houses of Parliament

BNP leader Nick Griffin was forced to abandon a press conference outside the Houses of Parliament after protesters barracked him, threw eggs and chased him down the street.
    The demonstrators - chanting anti-Nazi slogans - chased Griffin and his security guards to his nearby car.
    Mr Griffin, who was this week elected an MEP for the North West of England, was guided to his vehicle by his bodyguards and quickly drove off.
    Mr Griffin arrived for the press conference on College Green in front of Parliament with fellow newly elected BNP MEP Andrew Brons just after 2.30pm. Mr Griffin started by condemning articles from Tuesday's newspapers which criticised him and his party.
    He had only been speaking for a few minutes when the protesters appeared, chanting and waving banners declaring: "Stop the fascist BNP."
    Griffin said the BNP is not racist and claimed that it won votes because it "spoke openly about the problem of immigration".
    Eggs were thrown at Mr Griffin and his tough-looking bodyguards bundled him away through the crowd. The demonstrators kicked and hit his car with their placards before cheering as he drove off. Protest organiser Weyman Bennett, national secretary of Unite Against Fascism, said: "The majority of people did not vote for the BNP, they did not vote at all. The BNP was able to dupe them into saying that they had an answer to people's problems. "They presented themselves as a mainstream party. The reality was because the turnout was so low, they actually got elected."

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

Such behaviour is on a par with those louts in Luton who were demonstrating against the Anglian Regiment's homecoming parade.

If they don't like the way we go about things - emigrate.

One man's vote carries as much weight as any others. Womens too (I hear) ;-)

The People who threw eggs at Nick Griffin and fuelled the publicity for these racist idiots managed to get him a five minute interview on BBC News 24.

Nice one Morons ..

The only way to counter people like Nick Griffin is to debate with him and destroy his arguments. Making him look the victim, such as today, only allows him to get publicity that allows him to peddle his twisted views. Jumping up and down because his party won two seats in Europe and acting like he is the next Hitler only plays into his hands by allowing him publicity.

Everyones acting like he is going to be the next PM for pete's sake. Him and his ilk are a spineless bunch of cowards. I speak from experience having encountered a BNP member a few years ago who made certain racist comments about my daughter, probably not realising the white guy standing next to her was her dad. Despite numerous invitations he declined to repeat it, whether there or in a quiet spot of his choosing.

Then you are in good company.
    Intellectually about as effective as an egg you can only serve to highlight the intolerance you claim to despise.

I personally hope they were British and free range.
    Any brown ones?

Maybe he managed to catch one and take it home for breakfast.
    Thereby having the last laugh.

Do you have any concept of 'I disagree with what you say but would defend to the death your right to say it'?

Probably not - you're not the brightest egg in the basket.
    Am bright enough to know that having a voice in the EU allows the BNP to unlock £250,000 of EU funding and enable them to spread its despicable ideology even further. That it will present them with a platform and a forum to present a united front with the other fascist parties in Europe. Furthermore, it gives them an air of spurious respectability, which they do not deserve.

Good points well made Alice.
    Thankyou.

I hardly think a 5 year commitment would put someone off nursing. If it does then they ain't the right stuff.
    True, however this may not be the case some nurses within the NHS become rapidly drained by the whole set up of the system and leave to seek employment elsewhere or just leave nursing altogether. What would happen to them if the five year commitment were in force? Would you rather be nursed by someone who wants to do the job or is tied by a contract to do the job? It can make a huge difference in care?

A few graduates already aren't - too many have an eye to the wage packet..and the career ladder. Nurisng used to be a vocation...too few still see it that way.
    To many it still is a vocation but as with every other job in modern Britain the true role of a nurse has changed beyond recognition.

As for motivating people - penalise indolence and incentivise endeavour. I've always worked fairly hard and conscientuously for a modest pay-packet. It should not be beyond the wit of a firm Government to get others to do the same. Dangle carrots.
    Agreed Percy those who work hard should be rewarded and a firm Government would make a huge difference in todays society.

I would say however any party who were to support implimmentation of any policy with an undertone of racism against any individuals,
    who would be willing to introduce repatriation,banning people because of their colour, etc ,etc, would be pulling us a step backwards not forwards.

People you would not - could not understand. Tides ebb and flow, but your own inability to adapt or in any way accept the counter view relegates you to Canute status 'ere Tides. You are stuck in your own groove with barely a scintilla of humour, original thought or elegance about your input.
    Yes well, maybe I don't quite type with the beautiful elegance or keen wit which we all admire you for, oh how you entertain us so.

But I would far rather say something I believe in and stand up for something I think is right, with perhaps not with the flare of a literary genius, than pointlessly play devils advocate, so I can chuckle and 'oh how witty I am'. Empty vessels make the most noise.

God you do live up your own butt.

Quote Originally Posted by ~~Tides~~ View Post
    Not per se, but we do call a party that is full of dangerous fascists 'fascist'! Why is this so difficult for you to grasp?
    I always thought fascists denied the opposition the right to free speech, which is exactly what the UAF protestors were doing.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast