Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: BNP Leaflets

Quote Originally Posted by ~~Tides~~ View Post
    I wonder how many members of MENSA or how many professors of philosophy will vote for the BNP?
    Members of Mensa are a funny lot, they are like the Masons but they do IQ tests and other funny things instead of the funny things that Masons do. It wouldn't surprise me if Mensa members voted for the BNP.

Percy seems to think people who disagree with him are guilty of tunnel thinking. That dark thinking seems a remarkably one dimensional concept. Watch out for trains percy!
    Last edited by crayola; 04-Jun-09 at 10:52.

Oh good grief, little did I realise....

BNP Infiltrates Hi-IQ Society Mensa...

Oh well, little did I know either.

Point was: how many truly inteligent, forward thinking, open minded people, upon whom the lessons of history are not wasted, would be voting for the BNP?

Not many. Tunnel thinkers that they are.

A rose by any other name... whatever happened to the National Front?

What does this sentance from your post mean?

Quote Originally Posted by percy toboggan View Post

I have enough intelligence the intelligence to write correctly and not accompany my posts with photographs of a chain smoking fat man.
    It makes no grammatical sense. And you made your error when talking about intelligence.

Irony-come on in and give a round of applause to someone with the ridiculous name of percy toboggan!

Anyone who denies the holocaust and thinks rape "is a really good idea" should be classed as trash. I dont think i mentioned anything about spraying them with zyklon B or lining them up and shooting them.

I suppose the real answer to such groups is just indifference. Voting UKIP would definitely be the act of an extremist though!

Ho ho!
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    Those of us who find the hatred and fear espoused by the BNP should be more vocal in our criticisms, in Nazi Germany the silent majority were complicit in the evil that unfolded.
    Unfortunately in the case of people like percy who has admitted that he has his social poles are reversed, if we say something is bad and terrible, he will exactly do it just out of bloody mindedness without fear of any consequences for his actions. So I don't know if it is best to ignore the BNP or slag them. But I do think they have a political momentum that is gathering pace. Sad but true.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 04-Jun-09 at 14:37.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

ahhhh BNP, I've read their policies, mostly the same as what other parties say, only with blind racism. What a load of crap.

Just ripped up the leaflet when it came through the door.

Default Yes, but it makes good compost ...

I had a quick glance through mine, saw the weirdy looking family with the cult-like glimmer in their eyes on the front bit and popped it into my recycling pile - it will be shredded and added to the compost pile with all the chicken manure, kitchen scraps and grass clippings. So see, it's come in use after all.

If one tolerates members from all walks of life, is open minded and kind hearted, sees the good in people, judges people not on the colour of their skin and their accent... But rejects the absolutly miniscule minority of people who are the diametric opposite...
    I would hardly call that tunnel thinking.
    One can be open minded, see the good in people, judge not on the colour of people's skin etc. etc. yet still be of the opinion that there are far too many immigrants in this country of mine (England) - enough in a short space of time to distort and depress the hitherto settled population - an element of which will idle their lives away content to let the incomers take the jobs which pay for their benefits.

Sadly, none of the mainstream parties currently seems to have sussed this out, leaving the way for the BNP to half-fill an alarming vacuum and offer the frustrated an outlet for their considered anger at being ignored for so long.

I wonder how many members of MENSA or how many professors of philosophy will vote for the BNP?
    As someone who would qualify for membership of MENSA I fail to see the relevance in your comments.

The organisation attracts those who think a lot of themselves and all the Professors of Philosophy in the country would not be missed if they were exported en masse.

You seem like a pleasant enough chap Tides - why would you attempt to pay homage to such a bunch of twerps in this way?

One can be open minded, see the good in people, judge not on the colour of people's skin etc. etc. yet still be of the opinion that there are far too many immigrants in this country of mine (England) - enough in a short space of time to distort and depress the hitherto settled population - an element of which will idle their lives away content to let the incomers take the jobs which pay for their benefits.

Sadly, none of the mainstream parties currently seems to have sussed this out, leaving the way for the BNP to half-fill an alarming vacuum and offer the frustrated an outlet for their considered anger at being ignored for so long.
    Percy are you aware how much the rules governing the employment non-EU citizens have been tightened recently? It's a sea change of the like you might be proud of.

Fair enough, but I've clarified my point already.

Quote Originally Posted by ~~Tides~~
    Point was: how many truly inteligent, forward thinking, open minded people, upon whom the lessons of history are not wasted, would be voting for the BNP?

Not many. Tunnel thinkers that they are.

I have checked out the BNP website and had a good read of some of their policies.

In principle one or two of the things they are saying do make you think yes thats whats needed ...........however I found it utterly stomach churning that in this day I found reference to the colour of peoples skin amongst their policies and statements.

How on earth can this be a forward thinking party when there are undertones of racism.

I would not now or ever in the future even consider voting for this party, not even as a token protest. I will read their material just to remind me how dangerous it would be for some should they, God forbid ever get anywhere in Politics.

I am glad to live in a country where most people live freely, speak freely and have respect for one another no matter where they come from or what colour they may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    ahhhh BNP, I've read their policies, mostly the same as what other parties say, only with blind racism. What a load of crap.

Just ripped up the leaflet when it came through the door.
    Such is the overwhelming sense of delicate fragility which always seems to form in my mind when I read your posts I'm surprised you had the strength.

Ken?

Mister Squiggle, have no fear, the photos on the BNP leaflet are all false:

An elderly couple pictured on BNP election leaflets endorsing the party's anti-immigration views are actually Italian models, it can be disclosed.
    But far from depicting proud BNP supporters, the images are actually stock photos from online picture libraries that have been used by dozens of websites to promote everything from painkillers to caravans

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/local-elections/5331700/British-pensioners-on-BNP-election-leaflet-are-actually-Italian-models.html

Well, the deed is done. Call it bloody mindedness, call it a legitimate protest.
    Personally, I call it democracy.

Call it folly - it may well prove to be so. I don't want the BNP to win many seats, but one would do. It might just put the wind up the Tories enough to stop them taking the working classes for granted when they form the next Government.

Let's face it, the Labour Party is well and truly sunk - holed beneath the waterline. All their claims to be the party of people like me - who earn around 20k and live in areas similar to where my Mum and Dad lived before us, where some of our kids live now - are blown out of the water when we see how disastrous immigration, education and law and order policies have created a hugely disillusioned swathe of the populace feeling alienated and demeaned.

A large rump of semi-literate working class whites whose children struggle at schools which fail their needs, and failed their parents needs (Tory & Labour to blame) - a rump which serves no real purpose now that death intensive wars seem to be a thing of the past.

Ordinary people have been treated with utter contmept by politicians for far too long. The worm is turning and I hope it does a 180 tonight...bring on the Independents, The English Democrats, UKIP, The BNP and all the fringe nutters who are untried but untainted.
    Democracy in action. A concept which seems unpopular to the majority who have contributed to this thread, and the minority who have shrunk from saying what they really think for fear of castigation.

Nowt to worry about - trust me.

As someone who would qualify for membership of MENSA I fail to see the relevance in your comments.

The organisation attracts those who think a lot of themselves and all the Professors of Philosophy in the country would not be missed if they were exported en masse.

You seem like a pleasant enough chap Tides - why would you attempt to pay homage to such a bunch of twerps in this way?
    Are ye tryin' til say ye hev a beeg IQ, Percy?

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    Are ye tryin' til say ye hev a beeg IQ, Percy?
    No bigger than the next mans, perhaps a little more finely honed - it's all that time sat on me backside thinking - beats working.

Actually various tests differ wildly - they once sent me something I returned and they offered membership. It required a cheque and I don't know any.
    Last edited by percy toboggan; 04-Jun-09 at 19:09. Reason: capital 'c' removed

No bigger than the next mans, perhaps a little more finely honed - it's all that time sat on me backside thinking - beats working.

Actually various tests differ wildly - they once sent me something I returned and they offered membership. It required a cheque and I don't know any.
    Your IQ could be anything from 100 to 150 depending on how much money you are willing to part with.

...and the minority who have shrunk from saying what they really think for fear of castigation.
    This is an argumemnt that I hear a lot from supporters of horrible fringe parties. The assumption that everyone else secretly thinks the same way. Its just wrong, if it was true then the BNP would currently have more than ZERO seats in the parliament. I think its just a way of them justifying it to themselves or something, making them feel less guilty or something?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast