Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: BNP Leaflets

It's classic divisive minority politics. I got one of those leaflets thru the door. Noone's going to disagree with things like Putting Britain First, or No To High Taxes. It's a respectable friendly face to draw people in to what is actually a pathetic fringe group. It's a hell of a shame they're making gains. It says a lot about the betrayal people feel as a result of the monkeying around the real parties have been up to.

It also says a lot about the intelligence level of people who would consider voting for such human trash as nick griffin.

But then i feel that way about Salmond. Not that im saying he's a nazi because he's not! He's just a wine-guzzling potato man.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Well if thats the case then maybe they should set about sorting out the benefits system first .

Some of the British Folks dont seem to want the good old British jobs because they are better off sitting back claiming benefits whilst other folks come over here and do these jobs for them. Contributing into the tax system at the same time.
    please check out the BNP policies for unemployment it makes for some very interesting reading,

As buddyrich said, nobody is going to disagree with more jobs, fairer taxes etc. But the BNP is just using this as a front to pretend that they are a moderate party. They are using these universally acceptable policies to hide what are their real and dispicable views on the world.

They also have an absolute cheek to take the moral high ground as they seem to be doing in respect to the MPs expenses row. The absolute vast majority of MP in the House of Commons got there because they are decent, hard working people. Fair enough a lot of them played the system, but that is more human nature, let he who is without sin... But these people are not criminals. Many of the BNPs candedates have hideous convictions for all sorts, from inciting hatred to out and out violence. I find it repulsive that these ignorant and in many cases dispicable scum think that they can pretend that they are better than our current MPs and 'the answer'.

Interesting article, that those who 'read the BNP's policies' should also read:
    Guardian Article

The BNP can't have all that much respect for the people of the UK if they think that they are stupid enough to swallow their rubbish.

Also,

Here are some actual quotes from BNP members, they truly speak for themselves:

“Honestly now, would you prefer your kid growing up in Oldham and Burnley or 1930s Germany? It would be better for your child to grow up there.”
    Mark Collett, leader of the Young BNP on Channel 4 in 2004

“Meanwhile, the indigenous side in the low-to-medium level civil war brewing in this country is getting its training… It’s all going to get very messy.”
    Nick Griffin’s blog on BNP website

“Rape is simply sex. Women enjoy sex, so rape cannot be such a terrible physical ordeal… [It] is like suggesting forcefeeding a woman chocolate cake is a heinous offence.”
    Then BNP London organiser and GLA candidate, Nick Eriksen

AIDS is “a friendly disease because blacks, drug users and gays have it.”
    Mark Collett, leader of the Young BNP on Channel 4 in 2004

I never thought I'd see the day where the BNP would hand out leaflets in broad daylight in one of Scotland's city centers, but they did today, in Glasgow. Those handing them out were Scottish, too, or at least the guy who responded to me when I swore at him was.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day where the BNP would hand out leaflets in broad daylight in one of Scotland's city centers, but they did today, in Glasgow. Those handing them out were Scottish, too, or at least the guy who responded to me when I swore at him was.

its called democracy. Glad your so tolerant, bit like living in nazi germany with you i'd imagine.

oh hang on.....

Freedom of speech is one thing, but you cannot allow organisations - which use the cover of freedom of speech to pedal racist views - to go unchecked. Ifthe BNP want to peddle their filth and hate then I should be allowed to tell the scumbags exactly how unwelcome their mentalism is here.

Freedom of speech is one thing, but you cannot allow organisations - which use the cover of freedom of speech to pedal racist views - to go unchecked. Ifthe BNP want to peddle their filth and hate then I should be allowed to tell the scumbags exactly how unwelcome their mentalism is here.

If they really are inciting racial hatred then they'd end up in court, which Nick Griffin has been, and was cleared. Whats shouting in the street going to do except make you look stupid ? Did the BNP bod pack up and go home ? The BNP campaigners I have seen in the past thrive on these sorts of things and all you did was draw attention to them.

Quote Originally Posted by -whitewall- View Post
    The BNP campaigners I have seen in the past thrive on these sorts of things and all you did was draw attention to them.
    so what we just quietly 'tut' and go on our way ?!

i applaud your actions Pepsi and would encourage all right minded people to do the same.

i guarantee there were a lot of people who wish they had the bottle to speak their mind to the BNP as Pepsi did, but wouldn't do so because they know that behind the facade of a political party is a bunch of violent, right wing thugs.

Quote Originally Posted by greenasiamcabbagelooking View Post
    so what we just quietly 'tut' and go on our way ?!

i applaud your actions Pepsi and would encourage all right minded people to do the same.

i guarantee there were a lot of people who wish they had the bottle to speak their mind to the BNP as Pepsi did, but wouldn't do so because they know that behind the facade of a political party is a bunch of violent, right wing thugs.

just dont vote for them, or go and question them and pull them up on their policies or the fact they dont allow non white to become members etc.

All shouting swear words at them does is make you look like mugs and makes them look hard done by and end up with some sort of sympathy vote. Ive heard and read of people saying they'll vote for them simply because people keep harping on and on about them.

If they are a party of violent right wing thugs then you've nothing to worry about do you ?

If they really are inciting racial hatred then they'd end up in court, which Nick Griffin has been, and was cleared.
    Yes because we all know that the courts are always always right, miscarriage of justice is a word none of us know, pah! He got off on a legal technicality! Certainly doesn't mean he is innocent. In Scotland the virdict would have been 'not proven', but this is not available to courts in England.

The problem with having any sort of debate with these people is that by the time they support such awful politics they are already much to ignorant to have sensible discussion with anyway. Pepsi was only speaking in the only language they understand.

Its true that we do live in a democracy and we do have freedom of speech etc, but the only reason we have this was in response to the atrocities carried out by the far right in the 20th century. As such I find it truly ironic and beyond the pale that these people now use these provisions to justify their hate spreading.
    Last edited by ~~Tides~~; 04-Jun-09 at 11:59.

Quote Originally Posted by ~~Tides~~ View Post
    They also have an absolute cheek to take the moral high ground as they seem to be doing in respect to the MPs expenses row. The absolute vast majority of MP in the House of Commons got there because they are decent, hard working people. Fair enough a lot of them played the system, but that is more human nature, let he who is without sin... But these people are not criminals.
    Those MPs that "Played the system", are criminals. They should be arrested for fraud, as happens to those on the dole that "play the system".

Yes because we all know that the courts are always always right, miscarriage of justice is a word none of us know, pah! He got off on a legal technicality! Certainly doesn't mean he is innocent.

But he is innocent, or does innocent until proven guilty only apply in certain cases ?

The problem with having any sort of debate with these people is that by the time they support such awful politics they are already much to ignorant to have sensible discussion with anyway. Pepsi was only speaking in the only language they understand.
    Smacks of arrogance that, like it or not they are on the increase and people from a wide range of society will turn out and vote for them. Its true in the past (and im sure until now) a number of members had links with the NF etc but as you would have noticed from the leaked membership list some of the occupations certainly werent your usual knuckle dragging skinhead holocaust denying nutjobs.

Its true that we do live in a democracy and we do have freedom of speech etc, but the only reason we have this was in response to the atrocities carried out by the far right in the 20th century. As such I find it truly ironic and beyond the pale that these people now use these provisions to justify their hate spreading.

I hate a lot of what the BNP are about, the issue over non-whites not being allowed to become members, the leadership, the ghurkas row etc, and I did chuckle to myself when I picked up their leaflet off the floor and noticed a picture of Winston Churchill, who was very liberal, now THATS irony !

werent your usual knuckle dragging skinhead holocaust denying nutjobs.
    knuckle dragging skinhead holocaust denying nutjobs none the less, the only difference is that they wear a tie or a uniform instead of the bomber jacket and 10 hole cherry doc martins.
    respectable politics has been turned on it's head, who to vote for is a quandry and that is where the BNP will try to take advantage.

i hate to suggest it riggerboy etc, but it's usually the feeble minded/daily mail readers who believe in their limited policies ... can you tell me what the BNP's policy is on nuclear disarmament ? fisheries policy ? windfarms ? etc etc ?

the BNP have such a tiny minority in the UK despite what the opinion polls might say,
    i love the irony of the BNP as well whitewall, in their latest ad, Nick Griffin was sitting in front of a load of books !

agreed, I've always said, let Griffin on Question Time, and let the audience and other panelists rip him to shreds. That will go a lot further than someone shouting at them in the street, which just galvanises them even more.
    can you imagine it ? i'd pay good money to see that !

agreed, I've always said, let Griffin on Question Time, and let the audience and other panelists rip him to shreds. That will go a lot further than someone shouting at them in the street, which just galvanises them even more.
    I walked past the BNP campaigners and one attempted to give me a leaflet. I told him I had no intention of supporting a party that denies the holocaust, and that they are a wholesale embarrassment. I was wearing a T-shirt with a D-Day Remembrance print, which he spotted, to which he said - and this is a family website so I'll refrain from the full, colourful language he used - that it was me who was an embarrassment to 'my' country and that my shirt was a "wasted effort". I quietly, though promptly told him where to go. I didn't shout.

Whitewall, I hope this satisfies your curiousity.

Meanwhile, speaking to others I know who noticed the BNP yesterday, some told me it these 'activists' were bused through to Glasgow (because no Glaswegian would be brave enough), and, that, it was the Highland's & Islands BNP co-coordinator and some underling that were doing the leafleting.

Anyway, my feelings on the BNP - for those who care to read them - is this:

People went toe-to-toe with Mosley's far right in Britain and got them off the streets. People went toe-to-toe with the brown shirts in Germany, but failed to get them off the streets. There may well come a time when this has to be done again. Simply walking past is not a moral victory and no guarantee that sense and dignity shall prevail, as stated above. Violence isn't my thing, but if the far right were gaining strength, they can't be allowed to dominate the streets and make folk frightened and uncomfortable. I doubt it will get to the stage where I have to take up cudgels, as the BNP have to tread a very fine line, with the cops and the state ready to pounce on them should they overstep the mark.

These British 'patriots', adorned with swastikas and views that Hitler would be proud of, are the shame of the nation. It is they who are an embarrassment to those who fought against Nazi Germany. Why anyone, like whitewall, would really want to play Devil's advocate, and imply that, because we live in a democracy, it's the BNP's right to express their views in public is beyond me. They should crawl back to the sewers from whence they came.

I
    Anyway, my feelings on the BNP - for those who care to read them - is this:

People went toe-to-toe with Mosley's far right in Britain and got them off the streets. People went toe-to-toe with the brown shirts in Germany, but failed to get them off the streets. There may well come a time when this has to be done again. Simply walking past is not a moral victory and no guarantee that sense and dignity shall prevail, as stated above. Violence isn't my thing, but if the far right were gaining strength, they can't be allowed to dominate the streets and make folk frightened and uncomfortable. I doubt it will get to the stage where I have to take up cudgels, as the BNP have to tread a very fine line, with the cops and the state ready to pounce on them should they overstep the mark.
    Exactly. Where your freedoms begin, those of another end. Freedom of speech does not mean you can defend any position in any situation.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Default making your mind up

[quote=buddyrich;556060]
    ....It also says a lot about the intelligence level of people who would consider voting for such human trash as nick griffin....

quote]

Spoken with the haughty arrogance of a Nazi.....some might say.

Human Trash? Sentiments echoing across the decades from the liks of Buchenwald and Dachau.

It is strange the way the tolerant ones tolerate only what they approve of.

I have enough intelligence to write correctly and not accompany my posts with photographs of a chain smoking fat man.

Only a momentous day like this one, the latest in momentous times could tempt me back here long enough to pour scorn on those liberal egalitarians who now it seems are considering violence to suppress the rise of the British National Party. It will be a short lived rise. I guess they will capture a double figure percentage of todays vote in poor old disillusioned England.Across Europe of course the far right will better prosper, particularly in liberal, egalitarian Holland - I wonder what the Dutch are so steamed up about?

I was still making my mind up when I took a look at this thread. UKIP had swayed me away from a protest vote for the BNP but the input here may have changed my mind.

What an obnoxious bunch of intolerant tunnel thinkers.
    Last edited by percy toboggan; 04-Jun-09 at 17:23.

Quote Originally Posted by percy toboggan View Post
    It is strange the way the tolerant ones tolerate only what they approve of.
    If one tolerates members from all walks of life, is open minded and kind hearted, sees the good in people, judges people not on the colour of their skin and their accent... But rejects the absolutly miniscule minority of people who are the diametric opposite...
    I would hardly call that tunnel thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by TBH
    Those MPs that "Played the system", are criminals. They should be arrested for fraud, as happens to those on the dole that "play the system".
    Granted, but the point I was trying to make was, are they worse than the BNP, many of which have convictions for assault, intimidation and speading racial hatred? Nick Griffin himself was given a 2 year suspended sentance for inciting hatred under the Public Order Act 1998. Their London South East co-ordinator, Colin Smith, has 17 convictions including burglary, theft, stealing cars, possession of drugs and assaulting a police officer. My point is, that it is laughable that these people think that they can take any sort of moral high ground, against anyone.

Percy,

And all the people that are going to give a vote to the BNP, without thinking about the consequences for their neighbours, or not seeing through all the populist propoganda they are churning out,

Is that not tunnel thinking?

Or am I a tunnel thinker for trying my best to be open to other cultures and tolerant of all people (except the intolerant).

I wonder how many members of MENSA or how many professors of philosophy will vote for the BNP?
    Last edited by ~~Tides~~; 04-Jun-09 at 11:05.

Those of us who find the hatred and fear espoused by the BNP should be more vocal in our criticisms, in Nazi Germany the silent majority were complicit in the evil that unfolded.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast