Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Common Lizard

Default Common Lizard

Yesterday, early evening, we found a couple of common lizards basking in the sunshine. Haven't seen any before so was a bit surprised. Are they 'common' up here?
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

My brother found one on the beach along the north coast a few years ago. I was quite surprised as I didn't think they would be so far north.

Default In a word..............

Quote Originally Posted by veekay View Post
    Yesterday, early evening, we found a couple of common lizards basking in the sunshine. Are they 'common' up here?
    Yes.

They are quite hard to spot at first but once your eye is in they become more visible. Usually it is just a fleeting glimpse as the scurry away to safety.

We used to find them as kids, I am sure it was around Scrabster loch, fascinating little things.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Smile

common lizards slowworms and adders are quite comman in caithness.as soon as i can find out how to post some pics i will show you