Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Help to tame a monkey!

Question Help to tame a monkey!

Ok so i got a monkey about 7 months ago now. He seems to constantly stick o me which i dont mind. But recently he has started hair pulling. Also pulling my necklace.

He also seems to bash into your shins when he can, makes alot of noise and mess. He also rips mail and books to shreds!

Not sure how to tame a monkey. Can you grand people of pets corner help me!

Here is the culprate

I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

This is a very cute little monkey and one can see from his impish expression that he is full of mischief.
    Probably best thing you can do is simply say No when he pulls hair and put him down....he'll soon get the message.

Cute monkey!! taming is a long painful process which normally takes around 18 - 21 years just to get the basics,
    Good luck and enjoy!

He is a cute monkey. He is still growing into his ears (gets them from his dad i believe)

This is 1 of 4 monkeys i live with!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Sorry to be the harbinger of doom, but it gets worse. My 20 month old competes with the dog in the leave, no, dont do that stakes - I feel like taping myself and just playing the recording instead of speaking.

BUT when they give you that cute impish smile it somehow makes the day better.

oh shelley dear shelley you aint seen nothing yet lol, have you read my thread in the general forum.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

He is not a bad monkey really. He is suck a sook tho! He can be a very lazy monkey when he wants to be. Sleeps alot. Asleep right now actually. So suppose this is the time to go do my housework!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Ok so i got a monkey about 7 months ago now. He seems to constantly stick o me which i dont mind. But recently he has started hair pulling. Also pulling my necklace.

He also seems to bash into your shins when he can, makes alot of noise and mess. He also rips mail and books to shreds!

Not sure how to tame a monkey. Can you grand people of pets corner help me!

Here is the culprate
    The best thing to do whenever he pulls your hair is to tell him "No, you're hurting mummy"
    he's too young to reason with so you'll have to keep important mail out of reach and i'm sure ripping books is a phase so he'll out grow. He also could simply enjoy the ripping noise Give him books with hard and soft pages and make sure any paperbacks are kept out of monkey's reach. Rip proof
    It's simple bout your necklace shelley. Don't wear it untill he gets older and stops pullng it. Most of babies pull at jewellery. Me and my siblings did it so much my mum never wore her earrings or necklaces at all until we were all older. So if you value your necklace don't wear it till the monkey gets older and loses the fascination with it.
    Good luck monkey taming!
    Last edited by Vistravi; 04-May-09 at 16:36.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Wink

Thought i would update on the monkey!

Monkey is doing fine, now nearly 8 months old. The monkey has learned to roll around very fast and pull himself up on things like the couch and table. (i nearly wet myself everytime incase something happens but im there with him)

Monkey has teeth. Likes to bite your chin and ears. Also have a few teeth marks in my TV remote. lol

Monkey has also seemed to get a bit more crazy as you can see from the picture below!

Also he seems to like sitting in a box! Weird monkey but never mind. i still love him alot!

I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Oooooh he looks such a happy little monkey....I'd say you have monkey training down to a fine art, which means you are a very talented Mum....keep it up and let us all know about the little monkeys new tricks.

He looks so cute! My children had more fun playing in empty cardboard boxes than with any of their fancy toys.

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Oooooh he looks such a happy little monkey....I'd say you have monkey training down to a fine art, which means you are a very talented Mum....keep it up and let us all know about the little monkeys new tricks.
    Thanks Teenybash! I feel like im a talented mum! He is a happy wee soul. Well....right now he is desperately trying to roll as fast as he can to get to the tv! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret M. View Post
    He looks so cute! My children had more fun playing in empty cardboard boxes than with any of their fancy toys.
    Yeah athrun would rather play with the box or my mobile phone than his own toys! Monkeys eh!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!