Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: washing machine

Default washing machine

my washing machine has decided to have a nervous breakdown,keeps clicking and humming,wont do any washes or spin,can anyone help please?

if the drum is not going round it sounds like it could be the brushes which power the motor.my washing machine did this a couple of months ago.good news is that it is very easily fixed. i bought the brushes off ebay only cost about £8.i will forward you the details of the seller if you want.
    "One more round Micky"

Quote Originally Posted by dandod View Post
    if the drum is not going round it sounds like it could be the brushes which power the motor.my washing machine did this a couple of months ago.good news is that it is very easily fixed. i bought the brushes off ebay only cost about £8.i will forward you the details of the seller if you want.
    not brushes,got feeling the programme bit is going ga-ga,feel dread looming on how much its gonna cost!!!

could be the motor belt. is it filling with water then not turning? or is it filling with water atall?

Default machine

all lights up to start,but then just the spin light comes on,but doesnt do anything,just keeps clicking

have had that and was the pump to be honset if it is anything too serous just not worth having it done cheaper to buy new one x

Default washing machine

theres a man who comes and looks at it and will tell you what is wrong and how much it cost to sort. cant remember his name but tele number is 01847891800
    n/a

I would recommend Alan Cameron from Alacam in Olrig Street Thurso. He will tell you how much to repair the machine, can usually loan you a machine whilst yours is in the workshop, if it is a big job or spares have to be ordered in, but if you need a new one his prices are very reasonable.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

I bet its your brushes worn out.
    How olds the machine and what make is it.

Ashes

Try cleaning out the filter for starters
    The Big Man

Quote Originally Posted by thebigman View Post
    Try cleaning out the filter for starters
    Totally agree, our washing machine in the past has had similar symptoms and the cause has been choked filters.

Default machine

Quote Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
    I bet its your brushes worn out.
    How olds the machine and what make is it.

Ashes
    bout 3 years old,beko make

Quote Originally Posted by shazzy View Post
    bout 3 years old,beko make
    I had a Beko that went like yours. The computer/program bit had to be replaced. Just the part was £60. Might not be worth fixing, but before you decide, try a technician.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

thanks,will do