Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Trawler restaurant, Golspie.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Not Wick
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Trawler restaurant, Golspie.

    Whenever we are travelling back from Inverness we always buy a supper from The Trawler Restaurant in Golspie. One of the best chippies around.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

  2. #2
    krieve Guest

    Default

    I have got to agree we usually stop for a supper there as well yum it has always been great food when we have stopped .

  3. #3

    Default

    I alwase stoped at the trawler and it is usualy good but it can be hit &miss
    depends on who is working the friers. However one night i forgot to stop so iwent to helemsdale and found this brilliant chippy across the road from la mirage this is now my regular stop

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motopitcrew
    I alwase stoped at the trawler and it is usualy good but it can be hit &miss
    depends on who is working the friers. However one night i forgot to stop so iwent to helemsdale and found this brilliant chippy across the road from la mirage this is now my regular stop
    I think the chippie in Helemsdale is brilliant too...at one point, before all the dieting, I would even go a run to Helemsdale just for the chippie!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

  5. #5

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    I think the chippie in Helemsdale is brilliant too...at one point, before all the dieting, I would even go a run to Helemsdale just for the chippie!!
    wed love to see that maybe we could make it a sponcered event i for 1 would pay money to see it

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pedromcgrory
    wed love to see that maybe we could make it a sponcered event i for 1 would pay money to see it
    LOL Pedro..I meant a run in the car, you didn't seriously think I meant i'd be running..lol Especially to a chippie!!

    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motopitcrew
    I alwase stoped at the trawler and it is usualy good but it can be hit &miss
    depends on who is working the friers. However one night i forgot to stop so iwent to helemsdale and found this brilliant chippy across the road from la mirage this is now my regular stop
    I stopped at the trawler tonight & (it was definatley a miss) the food was absolutley awful had a fish supper the fish was tasteless, the batter was soggy and i reckon the rolls were about 3 days old.the chips werent that great either, dont think i would take the chance on it again

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    somewhere nice
    Posts
    805

    Default

    try the golden fry in brora. the owner does all the cooking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •