Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: £3 for macaroni and it wasnt even real

Default £3 for macaroni and it wasnt even real

lol it was real hahaha but it wasnt home made

my friend just went to the chippy and i decided to have mac cheese and a baked tattie for a change and there was no baked tatties

so i got a couple of sausages instead, but when he returned and told me it was £3 for the macaroni and i opened the chinese tub and seen what looked like tinned macaroni, i gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it and it was tinned macaroni chees with cheese melted over it in the microwave not even grilled or done in the oven for a few mins

i know for a fact it was tinned because since i was a wee boy i never liked tinned macaroni heated up it has a weird taste i always ate mine cold, weird i know but its true, as soon as i tasted it i knew it was tinned and one small tin, i had tw friends try it and say it was minging and tasted like tinned mac cheese

£3 for a tin of mac cheese WARMED in the micro wasnt even that hot when i got it the dog got it, and 4 people behind the counter!!! and still half warmed tinned mac cheese ive seen it all now
    Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

You have such a problem with all the eating establishments in Caithness it seems, so why don't you cook for yourself so you always have a big, happy smile on your face.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Default best macaroni

i make my own macaroni shells to boil drain then put back in the pan add half milk half cream to boil then add cheese bouillon and grated cheese stir till thicken and enjoy mmmmmmmmm

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    You have such a problem with all the eating establishments in Caithness it seems, so why don't you cook for yourself so you always have a big, happy smile on your face.
    i do cook for myself i just like to not cook sometimes

and im sure there are lots of people that have bad reports from some places not just me

im not going to say it was ace if it wasnt, and it was more the fact it was tinned macaroni cheese for £3 done in the micro a supper is bout £3 and is twice the size and more expensive ingredient wise i would imagine

its £3 for mac cheese warm not even hot with cheese on top and 4 people working, they could of at least made it piping hot tinned mac cheese and grilled the cheese on for my £3 i dont think thats asking much

i dont see why we should all say just the good things about a place and give a false impression of the area, if we all just say the good things people looking at this site to see what the area is like is going to think its some sort of paradise and nothing goes wrong and the food is the best in the world

thats false advertising hahaha i wont take a part in it rofl

Quote Originally Posted by bettedaviseyes View Post
    i make my own macaroni shells to boil drain then put back in the pan add half milk half cream to boil then add cheese bouillon and grated cheese stir till thicken and enjoy mmmmmmmmm
    yummmmm i will pay £6 for yours before £3 for theirs again lol
    Last edited by GetWithTheTimes; 22-May-09 at 22:16.

Quote Originally Posted by GetWithTheTimes View Post
    They could of at least made it piping hot tinned mac cheese and grilled the cheese on for my £3 i dont think thats asking much
    But you always ate cold, tinned Macaroni?

By the sound of it the tin would have tasted better than the contents.

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    But you always ate cold, tinned Macaroni?
    hahaha

i never knew it was tinned i dont like it hot tinned, and i never ordered cold mac cheese, for 50p i could of got a cold tin, but for £3 the macaroni could have at least been hot

i take it its just me that thinks £3 is steep for tinned mac cheese

hahaha

i never knew it was tinned i dont like it hot tinned, and i never ordered cold mac cheese, for 50p i could of got a cold tin, but for £3 the macaroni could have at least been hot

i take it its just me that thinks £3 is steep for tinned mac cheese
    3 Shekel is a bit steep for tinned Mac but are you 100% sure it was tinned. Did they state it was tinned or claim it was home/Shop-made?

lol it was real hahaha but it wasnt home made

my friend just went to the chippy and i decided to have mac cheese and a baked tattie for a change and there was no baked tatties

so i got a couple of sausages instead, but when he returned and told me it was £3 for the macaroni and i opened the chinese tub and seen what looked like tinned macaroni, i gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it and it was tinned macaroni chees with cheese melted over it in the microwave not even grilled or done in the oven for a few mins

i know for a fact it was tinned because since i was a wee boy i never liked tinned macaroni heated up it has a weird taste i always ate mine cold, weird i know but its true, as soon as i tasted it i knew it was tinned and one small tin, i had tw friends try it and say it was minging and tasted like tinned mac cheese

£3 for a tin of mac cheese WARMED in the micro wasnt even that hot when i got it the dog got it, and 4 people behind the counter!!! and still half warmed tinned mac cheese ive seen it all now
    If your are going into a chippy and ordering macaroni you got what you deserved!!!

If it stated on the Menu that it was home made macaroni cheese then you have grounds for complaint. If it didn't, then as cattach has already said, you got what you deserved.

don't suppose you will tell us but where did you get it from .

..... and did you tell the place you got it from what you thought of it and give them the chance to put it right.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I had haggis and clapshot from the Indian last night, I'm never gonna go there again...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Rheghead why did you go to an Indian and have Haggis and Clapshot ?????
    stiggy

Quote Originally Posted by stiggy View Post
    Rheghead why did you go to an Indian and have Haggis and Clapshot ?????
    Mibbe he wanted till diversify?