Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Need my garden tidied!!

Default Need my garden tidied!!

Anyone know of someone who would be willing to do some basic gardening at a very reasonable price? I need the grass cut and strimmed and also some weeding between the paths. I would appreciate a rough quote first. Doesn't need to be a professional gardener, just someone who can do the basics and make it look tidy.

Cheers
    Jenni

William on 07886751346 will do a good tidy up job at reasonable rates. All we need now is some decent gardening weather.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Quote Originally Posted by poppett View Post
    William on 07886751346 will do a good tidy up job at reasonable rates. All we need now is some decent gardening weather.
    Blimey, you're kidding right?
    Here in Lybster we've had a few days of gorgeous weather. Maybe not so much yesterday but the day before that was sweltering hot - I had to keep lathering on the sun cream and even then I've managed to burn. No wind either which is unusual.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Glad to hear someone has the good weather. Have seen nowt but rain for most of the last five days. When the sun popped out it wasn`t there long enough to dry the grass to mow.

Default Gardening

Thanks, I will give William a phone

Default William

Dont, you will not be happy.
    dollypops

Default william

i had william do work for me,indoors and out...absolutely no problem.fair price for good job done.very pleasant chap too..........................go give him a ring.

Glad you felt you could recommend William, Binbob, after all I recommended him to you !!

Pleased to hear you were happy with his work.

Quote Originally Posted by poppett View Post
    Glad you felt you could recommend William, Binbob, after all I recommended him to you !!

Pleased to hear you were happy with his work.

certainly was,poppet.

Tilly Teckel Guest

Smile Gardener... coming soon!

Hi,

My family and I are moving to Lybster from South Wales on August 11th (and are VERY excited!) and my other half David is a gardener/tree surgeon. He's a hard worker and very reasonable. So, if anyone thinks they may need his help, PM me and he'll be in touch.

Thanks!

Default Garden

I borrowed a lawn mower and strimmer so no longer need the grass cut but would still be interested if anyone could do some weeding etc. Basically I have Caithness slate paths and the weeds are growing up through. Complete nightmare as I hate weeding. Not sure if anyone would be interested in doing this though as I imagine it is quite a tedious job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I borrowed a lawn mower and strimmer so no longer need the grass cut but would still be interested if anyone could do some weeding etc. Basically I have Caithness slate paths and the weeds are growing up through. Complete nightmare as I hate weeding. Not sure if anyone would be interested in doing this though as I imagine it is quite a tedious job.
    why not use a weedkiller??i disliked using them until i had no option.use one that is safe for children/animals.best done on a dry sunny day.good luck.

Salt water from the tatties, might do the trick - weedkiller, if not used with care can blow into neighbours garden. I know as I have lost quite a number of plants from the drift of weedkiller from a neighbour.

Default Gardening

I may just tackle the weeds myself with a good weedkiller right enough. Hate gardening though so would anyone recommend a good effective weedkiller. Don't mind what the cost is really as long as it is definitely going to remove weeds from between the path/slabs. I have used different ones in the past to find they are useless and its just been money wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I may just tackle the weeds myself with a good weedkiller right enough. Hate gardening though so would anyone recommend a good effective weedkiller. Don't mind what the cost is really as long as it is definitely going to remove weeds from between the path/slabs. I have used different ones in the past to find they are useless and its just been money wasted.
    Go to Allans in Watten and buy 5lts of Glyphosate. It will cost you around £25 but this amount will do hectares. Dillute with about a can of coke size to 22ltrs of water and spray. This will defo work after 2-3 weeks. Its the same as roundup. Hope this helps.

Default Gardener

I can recommend a good worker, who is honest and reliable. He does home and garden maintenance, at very reasonable rates. call 07788821568 and ask for Pat.

Default Gardening Work

Quote Originally Posted by pagetager View Post
    I can recommend a good worker, who is honest and reliable. He does home and garden maintenance, at very reasonable rates. call 07788821568 and ask for Pat.
    Is he based in Thurso?? Could do with a gardener to come and sort out the weeds. Once that done planning on putting that plastic covering stuff down to prevent the weeds from coming back up again - then popping stone chippings down and having plant pots instead!!!! Least they are no bother.

In the area I live we are overrun with cats also, and that is part of the reason I want rid of the weeds in the flower patch area so I can eradicate their mess

Default gardener

Anyone know someone who come and help us out every week in the Reiss Area - mowing, weeding and helping out
    thanks