Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taj Mahal Halkirk

I had the Taj Mahal special kebab the other day and must admit it was delicious. It could of done with having a spicy sauce(a generous helping) to cover the naan a bit more - i hate dry naan bread - but it was good anyways.

Have tried it out twice and don't know if they had different chefs working but the south indian garlic chilly chicken was heaps better on the second night than the first trip so hope its stays that way . chicken massala went down well with my friend too

Tried a bit of peporonni pizza and have to say it was the worst pizza i had ever tried in my life so will be steering clear of that.

garlic nan was great first trip but the plain my mate got was burnt and sadly on second trip we got a call to say they were running short on nans so only got one of the two we ordered - better planning needed there i think as for the chips we ordered both times and not great they were left barley touched

overall though i will go back and hope the chef from last night is the one working
    Last edited by mums angels; 24-May-09 at 21:19.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Connor. View Post
    I had the Taj Mahal special kebab the other day and must admit it was delicious. It could of done with having a spicy sauce(a generous helping) to cover the naan a bit more - i hate dry naan bread - but it was good anyways.
    Erm, isn't a kebab supposed to be Pitta bread rather than Naan bread?
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Just wanted to add, we had a take out from Taj Mahal on Sunday night - was really tasty and delivered when promised - will definitely be going back

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldtimer View Post
    Erm, isn't a kebab supposed to be Pitta bread rather than Naan bread?
    Special kebabs are served on a Nan. If you seen the size of the kebab you would know why!!!!
    Monstrous amounts of cholestorol served on dubious amounts of doughy bread!!. I love kebabs I do. The best one I ever had was in Aberdeen, a proper greek place. It was out of this world.
    The ones up here normally come from a guy in Glasgow called Mr Ali. He makes them on the premises and then ships them to Indian Takeaways over Scotland,whereas most greeks make their own on the premises.
    I like the Indian ones,they arent a patch on the greek ones but they fill a gap in the market and a space in my bowg!!

Why don't you open up ur own Kebab shoppee in that half completed croft of yours as you sound such an expert on the subject?

Quote Originally Posted by joolswat5 View Post
    Why don't you open up ur own Kebab shoppee in that half completed croft of yours as you sound such an expert on the subject?
    Okay, I take it all back-the Taj Mahal serve the best doner kebabs on the planet. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by joolswat5 View Post
    Those half-completed crofts are a real eyesore aren't they. Is a big rusty caravan involved?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Post well done

just thought i would give it a try seeing as i know my indian food pretty well, and i must admit i enjoyed it somewhat, the peratha was a bit on the thick side but apart from that i was happy with what i paid for and with a free delivery service i was even happier, not sure about the rest of the menu that is not indian but they can recreate authentic dishes quite well. but remember that is my opinion as 1, a chef and 2, as someone who worked with over 1000 east asian people for over 2 years

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123