Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Thurso Precinct Refurbishment Completed

Post Thurso Precinct Refurbishment Completed

The Caithness Business Index has posted the following article:

Thurso Precinct Refurbishment Completed

Work on the refurbishment contract in the Thurso Pedestrian Precinct has now been completed apart from the laying of coloured bitumen over the tarmac area running through the centre of the precinct and a few other minor works. The project which cost just over £370,000 was financed by The Highland Council's T.E.C and Planning & Development Services was designed by the councils Wick based engineering team who consulted with the Community Council and members of the public before finalising their plans. ... [Read Full Article]

"...Coloured bitumen..." What colour and, more importantly, why bother? I think the current black-top looks good & can't see why any other colour is required . Is this yet another needless expense?

Exclamation I totally agree

I could think of better things to spend the hard earned cash - potholes being one of the many, more bin collections especially for people who live in the country - needless expense is exactly what springs to mind Bob well said!!!!!
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.