Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Morning Gigs?

Default Morning Gigs?

Just wondered why its always favored to play gigs late in the afternoon/evening. It was just a thought because I picked up my guitar this morning and was quite impressed with what i could play note perfect (not bragging ). So although i was hungover and no doubt still had a substantial amount of alochomahol in me I thought it would be a good idea to have gigs in the morning or early in the afternoon before the tiredness kicks in!.

random spiel about nonsense over.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Simple. Promoters need to sell tickets, venue managers need to sell beer. Their targets - i.e. the audience - all, usually, work 9-5.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Simple. Promoters need to sell tickets, venue managers need to sell beer. Their targets - i.e. the audience - all, usually, work 9-5.
    ah of course did not think of the obvious
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

I once played a set at a festival in Dorset that was from 11am-12:15 & it felt wierd.

we headlined the night before & went on second the next day. Playing to people just emerging from their tents etc etc.

I played in Skinandis a year or so ago!!!

Band started about 12pm and finished abour 1.30am - does that count as a morning gig?
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    I played in Skinandis a year or so ago!!!

Band started about 12pm and finished abour 1.30am - does that count as a morning gig?
    no...............................

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    I once played a set at a festival in Dorset that was from 11am-12:15 & it felt wierd.

we headlined the night before & went on second the next day. Playing to people just emerging from their tents etc etc.
    Did I aswell?