Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charity Gig in Skinandis 24th May

Default Charity Gig in Skinandis 24th May

Default Charity gig

Looks like it could be a good night, and worthy causes. any chance of letting the punters know of the running order, or hears a thought what about having a poll to see who plays where and when, apart from Whisky that is, as Headbangers/Headliners?
    Oedipus was the first man to plug the generation gap

Thought Liquid Blue are called the Harlands now or sumfin?

isnt Scolley called Scollay or something?

Doesn't Bad Reputation got an 'S' on the end of it or something?

i believe you are all correct.
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

OH! Do we get medals now?

Back to drums

lol thanks for pointing out the errors folks, the poster was thrown together by a good friend at the last minute hence the minor spelling mistakes and lack of name change for The Harlands.

The running order is from Headliner downwards:

Whisky
    Bad ReputationS
    Empty Fortune
    Prolific
    ScollAy and Kenny
    CHARITY WAX!
    After Hours
    NoExitWound
    The Harlands (formerly Liquid Blue)

Just to give y'all a bit of background about the organisers. The three girls organising the gig have spent the last few months raising money for their charities by Running Karaoke Contests, Bingo Nights, Kids Discos, Ann Summers Nights with Slave Auctions to name but a few events and they all did a Skydive at the end of April!
    Last edited by moncur; 12-May-09 at 17:49. Reason: Additional info

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Back to drums
    get to it john!
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    lol thanks for pointing out the errors folks, the poster was thrown together by a good friend at the last minute hence the minor spelling mistakes and lack of name change for The Harlands.

Whisky
    Bad ReputationS
    Empty Fortune
    Prolific
    ScollAy and Kenny
    CHARITY WAX!
    After Hours
    NoExitWound

Just to give y'all a bit of background about the organisers. The three girls organising the gig have spent the last few months raising money for their charities by Running Karaoke Contests, Bingo Nights, Kids Discos, Ann Summers Nights with Slave Auctions to name but a few events and they all did a Skydive at the end of April!

yeah i have to say, if this is half as good craic as the karaoke then it'll be a winner... i for one will be down early doors to catch the start

nothing to do with booze, just for the music obviously.
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    yeah i have to say, if this is half as good craic as the karaoke then it'll be a winner... i for one will be down early doors to catch the start

nothing to do with booze, just for the music obviously.

Wise decision Guitarzan I think The Harlands set might just be the highlight of the day, some great new original material to be heard.

Good job we're on early. Im on a camping trip that weekend and must get back to throw more sticks on the fire.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Default Confused

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post

Whisky
    Bad ReputationS
    Empty Fortune
    Prolific
    ScollAy and Kenny
    CHARITY WAX!
    After Hours
    NoExitWound

It doesn't take much to confuse me these days, but the line up seems to be a bit delusional, I know its for charity and "get as much as you can" but put on a show on for the punters in the process, so this being the case isn't it normal for the line up of bands to get progressively better as the night goes on, i do apologise if i am being derogatory to some bands but some of them that are on late(not including Whisky) in the day haven't played to a responsive audience in their career, so surly there has been a massive error by the person or persons that are giving advice as to the line up, Liquid Blue/Harland's have been cutting the mustard for some time now and deserve a better placement, No exit Wound have been supporting bigger Bands, in Glasgow, Inverness and Skins than any of the rest can dream off supporting, and After Hours are technically in a class of their own so whats the story.
    Oedipus was the first man to plug the generation gap

It's a charity gig, dude. Who cares who's higher/lower on the bill?
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

i hope thast guy aint referrin to us or i will burst him

Quote Originally Posted by fingalmacool View Post
    It doesn't take much to confuse me these days, but the line up seems to be a bit delusional, I know its for charity and "get as much as you can" but put on a show on for the punters in the process, so this being the case isn't it normal for the line up of bands to get progressively better as the night goes on, i do apologise if i am being derogatory to some bands but some of them that are on late(not including Whisky) in the day haven't played to a responsive audience in their career, so surly there has been a massive error by the person or persons that are giving advice as to the line up, Liquid Blue/Harland's have been cutting the mustard for some time now and deserve a better placement, No exit Wound have been supporting bigger Bands, in Glasgow, Inverness and Skins than any of the rest can dream off supporting, and After Hours are technically in a class of their own so whats the story.
    Quite simply, a lot of people playing have other commitments to attend to on the day. The NEW drummer is playing elsewhere that day, as is the guitarist from Whisky so they can only attend at certain times. With After Hours, it was requested that they have an early slot as one of them has a slot on Caithness FM.
    Last edited by moncur; 14-May-09 at 12:34. Reason: info

I don't really mind where we are on the bill, personally I'm glad it's an early slot as then we get plenty of time to get drunk and watch the other bands

It's the venue I have most concern with, everytime we seem to play there we never get a soundcheck lol.

Bring it on.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    i hope thast guy aint referrin to us or i will burst him
    Why would you do that? Because he shared his opinion on your musical adventure to date?
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by zebedy View Post
    Why would you do that? Because he shared his opinion on your musical adventure to date?
    Yes! I am going to duff him up! And then you!!!

P.S. WHERES THE LEEEEEEEEEAD!!

Quote Originally Posted by loganbiffy View Post
    I don't really mind where we are on the bill, personally I'm glad it's an early slot as then we get plenty of time to get drunk and watch the other bands

It's the venue I have most concern with, everytime we seem to play there we never get a soundcheck lol.

Bring it on.
    Since you're first on and it's an all day thing, chances are you'll be the ONLY band gettin a soundcheck. Everyone else will get line checks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast