Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tescos policy

I am wondering why Tesco do not open their booze aisles until 12.30pm on a Sunday. I thought licencing hours were from 12pm onward or do Tesco have different hours to their off-licence?

Seems a bit daft when you can pick up other booze from the other aisles that weren't roped off.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 17-May-09 at 14:07.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Default underage

Tesco are taking it a bit far. I understand that they have to be aware of underage drinking but when you go in one week and doing ur normal shop that has some alchol in it and never get proofed and then go in the next week, have a wee shop and get proofed. its not good. Used to do my shopping in there every week till this happened. I am 29. I never carry proof with me as i have not been proofed since i was 19 and now everytime in tesco. Now that is taking the biscuit. Wont be doing my shopping there again.

Oh another point if i cant get it in the shop Why do they deliver it to homes and never ask for proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Seems a bit daft when you can pick up other booze from the other aisles that weren't roped off.
    The till will not allow the checkout operator to scan alcohol before 12:30 anyway.

Matthew, does that mean you get it for free then? hmm, that would be good lol
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I am wondering why Tesco do not open their booze aisles until 12.30pm on a Sunday. I thought licencing hours were from 12pm onward or do Tesco have different hours to their off-licence?

It is 12.30pm everywhere,it is against the law to sell alcohol before this time on a sunday.

Why is it that people up here always have to be so pernickety about the service recieved in supermarkets and retail outlets? U should feel lucky there is a Tescos up here now as people were moaning for years about not having a big supermarket local. If it is Tescos policy to not sell alcohol to people who look under 21 (and by the end of this month onwards, not to sell it to those who look under 25), without ID, then u must abide by that rule. Can't people understand that the people who work for the place are doing their job, which they are trained to do. They could get a hefty fine, criminal record and loose their job if they sell to underage people or if a manager saw them sell and not ask for ID. All people need to do is carry ID with them, how hard can that be?
    Always moan, moan, moan. Try working for somewhere like Tescos and then start moaning. You can't understand at all how their training and policies work unless you have worked there or a similiar place yourself.
    Don't you think it's hard enough working there without dealing with people constantly moaning and grumping over the slightest thing?
    If I got asked for ID and didn't have it then that's TOUGH. People should know the law by now so think about it - carry ID before going to buy alcohol in the first place.

no really pernickerty, its just a stupid scheme thats being brought in across the board. i think you'll find that people do accept that they may be id'd, but its also been discussed that if the legal age is 18, why are we still being questioned 7 years later.

as for the moaning, if you work at tescos or any retail outlet, you work with the public. they moan. get a grip.

as for policies, yeh, did the typical supermarket stint a while back. management system and treatment of staff not for me so i can sympathise with the being worried about being caught out. half the time i found the managers just gave you hell when they got hell!

to the mod's, i know its not my topic like, but man, here we are on page 4 and its the same thing over and over. collectively were not going to agree on something but i think all avenues of the debate have been exhausted now!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234