Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Royal Mail

Default Royal Mail

Is anyone else experiencing problems with mail getting delivered in Pennyland/Howburn Road Area????

I have had no mail for days now and haven't seen a postie in the area neither!!!! wish is a bit strange

I am awaiting letters to come and nothing as of yet and also not even junk mail which is surprising as normally there isn't a day that goes past that you get some sort of junk through

If I again get nothing today I think a call to the sorting office is my next step.

Was just wondering about anyone else having the same problems.

You can let us know

Default post

its funny you should say that but i live in the Ormlie area and have not had post since last week....was thinking today it was a bit strange...

might call them later

Quote Originally Posted by flowertot View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing problems with mail getting delivered in Pennyland/Howburn Road Area????

I have had no mail for days now and haven't seen a postie in the area neither!!!! wish is a bit strange

I am awaiting letters to come and nothing as of yet and also not even junk mail which is surprising as normally there isn't a day that goes past that you get some sort of junk through

If I again get nothing today I think a call to the sorting office is my next step.

Was just wondering about anyone else having the same problems.

You can let us know
    I have still been getting mail though not as much.

If you think there is a Problem contact the Royal Mail Sorting Office in Trail Street. Their Telephone Number is 01847 892476 and the Managers Name is Mr Ian Cassells.

It is possible that there is a problem down the line and Mail is not arriving in Thurso. I Know the Posties are working as my Son is one. Next time I see him I will ask if there is a Problem.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Default mail

Hiya
    Just called Mail office and no problem with mail in this area (Ormlie/Pennyland) all posties are out and about..

still find it a bit strange considering we normally get on average 2 bits of post minimum per day

will keep an eye on it though

Quote Originally Posted by edayhouse View Post
    Hiya
    Just called Mail office and no problem with mail in this area (Ormlie/Pennyland) all posties are out and about..

still find it a bit strange considering we normally get on average 2 bits of post minimum per day

will keep an eye on it though

I just contacted the sorting office and they say there is no problem, but it could be that with it being a holiday on Monday it could have held the post up.

Will be keeping an eye on it as it is so strange not even to get junk!!!

Will keep you posted

i've been wondering the same, been expecting a bill, and none is forthcoming...and not much in the way of other mail either. i'm down near bayview terrace
    it's a sair fecht

you could post a couple of letters to yourself and see how long they take to arrive?
    When life hands you lemons, crack open the tequila

I just contacted the sorting office and they say there is no problem, but it could be that with it being a holiday on Monday it could have held the post up.

Will be keeping an eye on it as it is so strange not even to get junk!!!

Will keep you posted
    Got mail today and everything I was waiting for arrived

Got mail today and everything I was waiting for arrived

Looks like it was just delayed by the Bank Holiday.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

My dad is in st magnus and the post has been horendous this week so far not one day has gone by where neighbours have not had to go walk about to deliver the mail to their neighbours, as the postie has delieved to the wrong numbers and streets recently, the prevailing opinion on my dads street after carful observation is the postie is either stoned or sleep deprived on his deliveirys, can't remember if the old man said it was a new postie or not but a few of his neighbours have said they have complained already but that could all be bluster.

Quote Originally Posted by garrioch View Post
    My dad is in st magnus and the post has been horendous this week so far not one day has gone by where neighbours have not had to go walk about to deliver the mail to their neighbours, as the postie has delieved to the wrong numbers and streets recently, the prevailing opinion on my dads street after carful observation is the postie is either stoned or sleep deprived on his deliveirys, can't remember if the old man said it was a new postie or not but a few of his neighbours have said they have complained already but that could all be bluster.

As I said If you think there is a Problem contact the Royal Mail Sorting Office in Trail Street. Their Telephone Number is 01847 892476 and the Managers Name is Mr Ian Cassells.

Edgar Allen Poe

I wish i wasn't getting mail !
    Bills Bills and blooming more Bills

my father got a bill delivered on Tuesday 5th May, the date stamp on the bill said.................01 April?? something definately amiss up in this area. Mind you one of the posties on this route seems to be more interested in his girlfriend chasing around after him in her car!

I must admit it... I normally get mail everyday before 11am but since a new postie took over months ago. i hardly get mail and dont see any mail until 3pm.. I contacted Royal Mail about this and they said theres nothing wrong with the mail system.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    my father got a bill delivered on Tuesday 5th May, the date stamp on the bill said.................01 April?? something definately amiss up in this area. Mind you one of the posties on this route seems to be more interested in his girlfriend chasing around after him in her car!
    Nothing new in this one, who ever set the franking machine at the firm who sent the bill, may have set the date wrong, a common mistake, I know I have made that error.....Once
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more