Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you risk your life.

Default Would you risk your life.

Have just watched the trailer for tonight extrordinary people on five at 9, tonight one is about a man who is willing to give half his liver to his mum to save her life, with the risk to his own life. It got me thinking if i would be willing to carry out such an act and i think i can say yes, mind you wouldnt be willing to do it for just anyone, i would for my mum and dad, as they gave me life so its only right(god i hope im never in that situation to start with), would also give anything to my kids if it ment that they would recover. How many of you would be willing to put your life on the line to help someone you loved.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Talking

I'd have to say yes I would, I'd do anything if it was to help my kids, be it a kidney or liver etc, same goes for my OH, I'd do anything to help him and I know it would be vice versa.......

I would donate anypart of my bodyily organs to my family and do donate blood not sure if I could give a kidney to a non member of my family.It would all depend on circumstances.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

I would say I would do Anything for my Wife, Sons their Wives and their Children. So a Big yes for close family.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

If I had one child and no other dependents then yes without a doubt I would do whatever I could to keep them alive.

But if I had other children who were dependent on me and the risk to my own life was high then I would say no.

I'd pity the poor sod who got half of my liver.

One of my family, there would be no doubt I'd help them out...not sure about anyone else though.

PS I have a spare kidney for sale, only £50,000.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post

I'll take three, please.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    Have just watched the trailer for tonight extrordinary people on five at 9, tonight one is about a man who is willing to give half his liver to his mum to save her life, with the risk to his own life. It got me thinking if i would be willing to carry out such an act and i think i can say yes, mind you wouldnt be willing to do it for just anyone, i would for my mum and dad, as they gave me life so its only right(god i hope im never in that situation to start with), would also give anything to my kids if it ment that they would recover. How many of you would be willing to put your life on the line to help someone you loved.
    *Ahem* i dont see u mentioning my name in there!

I would give my heart to save athrun! I would do the same for Chris and his 2 boys, and my family and closest friends!

And you too balto! See im the nice one!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

I definatly would but only for my nearest and dearest

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    *Ahem* i dont see u mentioning my name in there!

I would give my heart to save athrun! I would do the same for Chris and his 2 boys, and my family and closest friends!

And you too balto! See im the nice one!
    ok shelley, if i must i would try to save you aswell, but then again your that mad woman your beyond help lol.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    ok shelley, if i must i would try to save you aswell, but then again your that mad woman your beyond help lol.
    Thats what my mother said too! Haha.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    One of my family, there would be no doubt I'd help them out...not sure about anyone else though.

with only 60 years on e clock............
    PEACE LOVE LIGHT & HARMONY

yip i agree with all of you i would do anything for my family even if it puts my own life in danger.

i would realy have to think hard for anyone else.
    live life to the full you never know when it will be taken from you !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anneoctober View Post
    with only 60 years on e clock............
    44 years (and 2 days) actually. Though I've only used one, the other is still in brand new condition.

My Mother would not have asked for half of my liver.
    She could have had a kidney though - no charge.
    The Liver? Well , i need it all.
    If you think that's offal I'll just have to live with it.

I would do anything for my close family and close friends. For my younger brothers i would die for. They're always going to be boys to me never men even when we're all old.
    I would do anything for my mum as she is the only parent i have left. I know there is plenty of people that have plenty of negative things to say about my mum but she's the only mum i have and even though I didn't speak to her for 2 years after my dad died and hated her for a bit, i still love her.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

it must be a hard decision really, i wouldnt ever fancy making it.

I would like to think I would for family.
    But you never know until you are put in that situation at that time what you would actually do.
    And your reasoning behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    I'd pity the poor sod who got half of my liver.
    Did you donate to George Best?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast