Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Cat Clawing New Windows!!!

Angry Cat Clawing New Windows!!!

My 8 year old cat has had a habit of clawing at our window frames when she is out. We have just had new windows put in and she is still at it!!!! I have tried spraying with a spray specially made to keep cats away but it doesn't make any difference. She has also clawed away at various bits of the carpet and leather suite - getting a bit fed up of it now!!!

Can anyone offer advice?

You could try Soft Claws which you can buy through Ebay or direct from http://www.spuk.com

They look pretty aswell......my cat also is a scratcher and though I clip her nails she still loves to scratch one of my doors......so I am onto Ebay to buy some.

These look really good Teenybash. In the meantime try putting a wee drop of Olbas Oil on the items you want your cat to stop scratching as they don't like the smell.

You could also try filling a clean spray bottle with water and giving your cat a gentle spray every time she scratches something you don't want to.

My wee cat Suzy sometimes scratches the fireside rug but if I just should shout NO she stops.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

I have just had another look and it says that Soft Claws can't be used on cats that go outside.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"