Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: viking bowl

It is awful have to say in a pervouis thread said how bad it was food well we will not go there and the staff need to go to charm school never again for me would rather make the jounery to invernesszx

Default Sad, Sad, Sad

We took our son bowling on sunday, and it was no treat. the place was empty, we waited 10 mis before anyone came to check us in.

We got a lane with bumpers and they were broken for the first half of the lane, on the bairns 3rd shot the pins got stuck and we had to go find the guy that was ment to be on the bowling ally, then he got it going, but every so often it would act up.

The place was freezing.

It is £3.50 on wednesdays, but i have never been.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Default Better than nothing - just.

There's no doubt it is bad - I always like to stay until the end of the film to listen to the music and find out who the composer was, but quite often the projectionist just turns the film off mid-credits. Should be illegal to do that. Grrrr...

Having said that, I do value having a cinema to visit in Caithness and I wouldn't want to go back to the dark days when we had none.

The cinema building's got such potential as a community venue. It's a pity it's so badly run and so pricey just now. Maybe we should offer them a community buy-out?!

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    It is £3.50 on wednesdays, but i have never been.
    I read in a previous thread that it varies (ie last week it was Tuesday?) so it's not even Orange Wednesday?
    Correct please if wrong

Quote Originally Posted by tootler View Post
    The cinema building's got such potential as a community venue. It's a pity it's so badly run and so pricey just now. Maybe we should offer them a community buy-out?!
    It is actually up for sale.
    As one door shuts, another one slams in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by annthracks View Post
    I read in a previous thread that it varies (ie last week it was Tuesday?) so it's not even Orange Wednesday?
    Correct please if wrong
    Yea it was £3.50 last night.

Wow, doesnt sound like anything the All Star Factory does will ever be good enough

Personally, i dont have an issue with the prices. I mean at cinemas down south in Glasgow and Edinburgh its around £7.50 for an adult ticket. Sure its pretty steep but theyve got to make money somehow?

The management have taken the initiative to put on a decent offer on Tuesday night yet people still make cynical comments about pouring ice blasts over the floor and making the place deliberately cold. Do the people of Caithness actually want the cinema to close down, because by the sounds of things it sure does seem like it?

And with regards to the staff being "joyless and incompetent" ive never found them to be either. The teenagers that work in there are decent enough folk and have always been very helpful and chatty whenever ive been there.

Give them a break and better still, give the whole place a break. The cinema and bowling alley isn't perfect and it could be improved but its a decent enough facility and in my opinion is a credit to Caithness.

Some people say "oh i'd just go to Inverness if it closed". But what about for those that going to Inverness isn't an option like the vast majority of youngsters?

I know i'd certainly miss it if it closed.

I wouldn't mind paying £7.50 to see a *new* film!

Originally I was wanting to wait and watch the new Fast and Furious film at the cinema. It's been out ages now and it's still not up! In the end I ended up watching it elsewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by footballer92 View Post
    Wow, doesnt sound like anything the All Star Factory does will ever be good enough

Personally, i dont have an issue with the prices. I mean at cinemas down south in Glasgow and Edinburgh its around £7.50 for an adult ticket. Sure its pretty steep but theyve got to make money somehow?

The management have taken the initiative to put on a decent offer on Tuesday night yet people still make cynical comments about pouring ice blasts over the floor and making the place deliberately cold. Do the people of Caithness actually want the cinema to close down, because by the sounds of things it sure does seem like it?

And with regards to the staff being "joyless and incompetent" ive never found them to be either. The teenagers that work in there are decent enough folk and have always been very helpful and chatty whenever ive been there.

Give them a break and better still, give the whole place a break. The cinema and bowling alley isn't perfect and it could be improved but its a decent enough facility and in my opinion is a credit to Caithness.

Some people say "oh i'd just go to Inverness if it closed". But what about for those that going to Inverness isn't an option like the vast majority of youngsters?

I know i'd certainly miss it if it closed.
    The majority of us disagree and are unhappy with the service and general "thumbs down" running of it. I would be alot more appreciative and would miss it alot more if it was better. The last time i went to the cinema was close to valentines day and it was against my will(don't tell her ). I would never choose to go to the cinema, well the one up here anyways.

It has the same overheads regardless of whether it get's 1 customer or 100 so why doesn't the management lower the price of cinema tickets to £3 for adults & half price for kids-they'll get a lot more people in and make up the shortfall at the sweetie counter. Do similar in the bowling alley-lower prices will bring in more people. It's a no-brainer.

"The majority of us disagree and are unhappy with the service and general "thumbs down" running of it."

Fair enough, i was just giving my opinion on the place. Thought i'd provide a bit of balance instead of just tearing the place to shreds

Why slag the place off about sticky carpets etc.? Do you think the management specified that type of carpet? It's some parents who let their kids run wild & neanderthals that spoil it and the carpet can only be cleaned so many times before it's totally ruined.

Fair enough, i was just giving my opinion on the place. Thought i'd provide a bit of balance instead of just tearing the place to shreds
    Tearing the place to shreds ? It's called constructive criticism, something that the viking bowl management could take onboard and try to make some necessary improvements to their service that they are providing to the public. Obviously people are not happy with the current state of affairs ?

I think that the tuesday special is their response to some of the criticisms tbh....

It's a step in the right direction

Thumbs down

"The majority of us disagree and are unhappy with the service and general "thumbs down" running of it."

A new poster jumping in to vigorously defend a venue that gets slated near enough on a weekly basis by many many people?, call me cynical, but you wouldn't happen to have an interest in the place by any chance?, or be related to any of the management?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    A new poster jumping in to vigorously defend a venue that gets slated near enough on a weekly basis by many many people?, call me cynical, but you wouldn't happen to have an interest in the place by any chance?, or be related to any of the management?

Mmmm, let me think ? Footballer, which one of the bowling staff management has a strong connection to football - I wonder ? !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsinkstack View Post
    Mmmm, let me think ? Footballer, which one of the bowling staff management has a strong connection to football - I wonder ? !!!!
    Aye, we're on the same train of thought

I've no connection with the place and I'm glad the cinema's there.

I don't have an issue with ticket prices just now. They are only a little bit more expensive than cinemas down south and as they have a smaller customer base here the price difference is understandable. I also quite like the cinema itself. It's comfy and you just can't beat seeing some films on the big screen. It's handy having it on the "doorstep." I think their snack and drink prices are a bit OTT though.

What is frustrating is when you phone to ask when a film is being shown that is already out on nationwide release and they just say they don't know, or you email to ask and get no reply. I phoned to ask about Star Trek and they just said they didn't know. It's not like it's some obscure low interest arty flick, it's a blockbuster which could bring lots of customers. If they'd said 2 or 3 weeks I'd have waited however as the family wanted to see it and AllStar had no idea when they were showing it we went to Inverness instead. It's little things like that that can make the difference and it surely woulldn't take much to sort out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast