Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Paolo Nutini - new single

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    That wasn't quite what I meant.

i know what you meant
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Wifie, I'm not saying you shouldn't listen to what you like. I'm just asking you (and anyone else) to justify why they like it.

What's so good about it?
    According to a website it is so good because:-

"'Sunny Side Up' is a richly idiosyncratic, passionate and uplifting musical journey that sounds so organic and timeless it could have been hewn from the hills. From the exuberant ragtime of 'Pencil Full Of Lead' to the rolling soul of 'Coming Up Easy', the heart-tearing Stax balladeering of first single 'Candy' to the joyous folky singalong 'Simple Things', it marks Paolo's emergence as a truly individual artist, following his own wayward yet inspirationally musical path."

Mind you, the website was Paolonutini.com so there may be a wee bias going on!!

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Turnin tables Metal - why the Chris de Burgh ref?

Coz Chris de Burgh is generally associated with dire music
    Cmey e Scorries

I saw Paulo at TITP 2 years ago & Im sorry to say he was poor, he sounded as if he was out his nut that day- out of tune & many turned away to go elsewhere disappointed . His new music isnt for me, but I did like his song about new shoes & Jenny dont be hasty, the rest was average
    Cmey e Scorries

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Yes! It is!

I am currently particularly fond of the new album by Crucified Barbara. I await your 50 question.

Obscure German power-metal, if you please.
    German power metal?I thought they were Swedish,in fact i know they're Swedish.Been a big fan of Scandanavian rock/metal/goth/symphonic bands for years.
    Like Mia Coldheart's voice although she's a bit of a letdown live.
    Some excellent riffs but as is typical of the genre its becoming increasingly hard to be original and imho CB dont offer anything special,best selling point is the fact they are "4 hot rock chicks" and will never run out of male metal fans.

The power-metal quote was in reference to pepsi's comment regarding my overall musical taste - at least that's how I took it.

I know fine that CB are nothing like power/speed metal. I class their new album as pure, out and out heavy metal, but many would disagree. It seems that before long every single new metal band will have its own niche genre to be pigeon-holed into.

What is not in doubt (as far as I'm concerned) is that "'Til Death Us Do Party" is a great album.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Paolo Nutini on j ross next friday
    Its nice to be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Anne x View Post
    Paolo Nutini on j ross next friday

Wilna miss at then.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234