Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: email addy

Anonymous Guest

MP, due to the way that mailwasher is setup on my pc I dont actually have to deal with that amount of e-mail any more, although, it still arrives in my main mailbox. I simply see the message from mailwasher saying "bouncing message 16 of 75" about 3 times a day and I get a small list of mail from domains I've not dealt with yet. Now that mailwasher has been running for a few months, that list I have to go through is now a great deal smaller and much easier to pick out the messages/addresses I do want to keep.

hi Niall could i set mail washer up to run over my caithness.org email account ??

or could u set it up for me ??

Hey, I don't claim AOL are the best - believe me I get tons of spam from AOL accounts. Actually, hardly any now I have blocked it all bar the folk I want to email me.

The spammers have now latched onto the Instant Messanger system for delivering spam.

For example, I got a IM notification for "prwxat" - thinking it may be a forum member I clicked accept and this was the message -
    prwxat:STOP PAYING FOR POPCORN - CLICK HERE TOTALLY FREE POPCORN
    So now you'll be happily surfing and up pops a notification of a IM from "LuciousLucy2003" or something equally innocent - I have reported this misuse of the AIM to AOL but they just suggest I block them using the Mail Controls.

I read that there is a guy in Boca Raton Florida, the king of spammers, responsible for sending out a billion emails a day. To put it into context there are only 6 billion people on the planet. He obviously rests on the seventh day...

MadPict

Quote Originally Posted by jjc
    He he he - AOL... "leaders" in anti-spam... Ho ho ho... ha ha ha... chortle!!!

Is there anybody out there who has never received a free (unsolicited) AOL CD in the post? Anybody?

Obviously they don't mind sending junk mail, just receiving it!!!

www.nomoreaolcds.com
    Awww, the more AOL cd's the better unwanted CDs make great cosmic coasters and v shiny wall-hangings!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12