Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: O'Neill Cold Water Classic - post your pics!

Default O'Neill Cold Water Classic - post your pics!

Thought I'd start a thread for the surfing competition, since it's going on until next Wednesday. Here's a couple of mine from this afternoon.

Some nice pics there!

Super shots CM - I think no 2 is my favourite - the water looks great!

4. Default

Saturday is looking good with 14 to 15 ft surf predicted.Low tide at 9.40 a.m and high at 4.15 p.m.Mind you the surf forecast is sometimes as inaccurate as the Met Office so dont hold your breath....unless your under a big wave

Good stuff CM. Did you get your BIG lens yet?

Like MPH I'm holding out for Saturday as well. The surf forecasts all point to Saturday (and next Tuesday) as the one's to aim for.

Now I just need to figure how to fit in a 9 year old's birthday bash at Bettyhill as well!!!!
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    Good stuff CM. Did you get your BIG lens yet?

Like MPH I'm holding out for Saturday as well. The surf forecasts all point to Saturday (and next Tuesday) as the one's to aim for.

Now I just need to figure how to fit in a 9 year old's birthday bash at Bettyhill as well!!!!
    Put it this way - the only cropping done on those was to straighten the horizon

Saturday is looking very, very good. Mick has put me onto the Met Office marine observations; if you look at locations K7 and K5 here:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/.../observations/

- you can see that they're currently reporting a swell of 2.4m, which will be hitting our coast pretty soon.

7. Default

Just a shame the met office is forecsting heavy showers and gusts up to gale force but fortunately they're frequently wrong,gave up using their forecasts for astronomy as they were so wrong so often.

great shots like them alot, i wish i could get to see the surfing but work,work,work, maybe sunday if theres surfing then
    "Time waits for nobody"

Default Photo

Cool shots. I never seem to have the lens to take them. I can never get close to them like that. I love the color of the water. The only one snag it is cold

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tiggertoo View Post
    great shots like them alot, i wish i could get to see the surfing but work,work,work, maybe sunday if theres surfing then
    Yes,the daily grind of work does get in the way of things.

Saturday Morning, on reception in the Hotel watching the webcast of the surfing, looks good, I am hoping to get out there this afternoon!

I do have to say it's a trifle frustrating watching my fellow Caithness photographers on the webcast though!

Looking forward to seeing the photographs.

12. Default

But first a few words from our sponsors.

Bigger on Black versions @http://www.flickr.com/photos/northern_exposures_2009/
    Last edited by Mystical Potato Head; 02-May-09 at 12:40.

Great shots MPH - were you on the rocks up close to the action? I'm a big wimp when it comes to seaweed, so I was much further back today.

14. Default

Thanks CM,yes i was down near the waves.Your shots are lovely and sharp

http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/onblac...833&size=large

http://www.flickr.com/photos/northern_exposures_2009/
    Last edited by Mystical Potato Head; 02-May-09 at 20:18.

mph,
    Some great action shots.

cazmanian_minx,
    I know what you mean about seaweed, prefer to photograph from the verticle position rather than the horizontal!
    Excellent series of shots.

16. Default

Cheers NL,was quite a nice morning too,apart from the mini hail storm which i think Deemac bore the brunt of.
    Last edited by Mystical Potato Head; 02-May-09 at 20:17.

any one going down to thurso east tommorrow ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    any one going down to thurso east tommorrow ??
    i might go for a hot tub....or be a tv presenter....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast