Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moon Walk - Good Luck

ouch, another bump, wifie needs more sponsors
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I did the moonwalk last year, all 26.2 miles of it.
    It really is an achievement!!! It helped me to know that the money I raised all stayed here in Scotland.
    Wifie, good luck, take something warm, it was freezing last year about 2am and I found that taping my toes up with Zinc oxide tape saved me from having any blisters come the end of the walk. One tip that I would definetly pass on there!!!
    I am working this year and can't attend but you will have a ball and the reactions from the crowd as you pass them, even at 3, 4, and 5 in the morning brought tears to our eyes.
    Enjoy the experience, Edinburgh at night is wonderful!!!!
    Good Luck!!!

Good luck xx

Take fresh socks, I have done a few moonwalks and fresh socks and a spray of leg/foot cooler are what have got me through.

It is an amazing sense of achievement when you cross the line and get your medal.

Have a great night.

Scottygirl and starry thank you so much for your encouragement! I am really looking forward to it as I have had nothing but positives from folk like yourselves! I have been enjoying the training and will be doing my 20 miler this weekend! I am walking with a group of women, 11 strong, hailing from Inverness to Coventry! I think the finish is gonna be hugely emotional for many reasons!

Thank you too to the many Orgers who have sponsored me so far - I am truly bowled over guys!
    Last edited by wifie; 25-May-09 at 22:31.

I cried for ages when I finished, everytime.

It is emotional and a real achievement.
    I may not enjoy every step but you will love the last half dozen

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    I am walking with a group of women, from Inverness to Coventry! I think the finish is gonna be hugely emotional for many reasons!
    Wow Wifie and I thought it was only 26 miles you were attempting, but Inverness to Coventry will take you ages

Yes think you may more than couple pairs of fresh socks to get you through that

Yer a cheeky pair! I have duly amended my post - but you knew what I meant anyway!

Well guess who chose the hottest day of the year (so far!) to do her longest walk before the big night!

My sister-in-law and I completed 23 miles in 7 hours today! We might have done it a bit faster but it was scorchin!

We had a ball tho as we wore the t-shirts and hats provided by "walk the walk" and we got some funny comments and some great encouragement!

Only three weeks to go!

That is a great time Wifie well done xx

One thing I found a problem was having to walk at a slower pace than I am used to because of the sheer numbers of people walking.
    I really struggled the first few miles until the numbers thinned out.

Aye worried about that too starry! Will be nice to start slowly but I think it might be a pain - not to mention addin time to our walk!

I think your walk times will be a lot longer than your training times, I walk very fast and was very fit but my times were well over two hours than my times here.

If you add in the slower times for the other people walking plus queuing for toilets, sometimes up to 20 minutes
    On the last one we actually stopped for a picnic at 13 miles, a friend came and met us with flasks of tea and sandwiches

Oh man! Goin by today - tea and a piece would be fantastic!!! I just don't like eatin sweet stuff goin round! Wonder how many sandwiches I could get in a bum bag! I was takin fig rolls but feel something else would be better! LOL!

Well done, Wifie, best of luck, I am sure you will do well.

Thank you golach!

If I remember rightly there was a garage open where a lot of folk bought hot drinks, again the queues were long.

I am excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it.
    Take lots of photos

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh! No photos! LOL! Not plannin to queue for anything - including the loo!

Plenty bushes, but go in pairs, sorry if that sounds patronising but so many folk would take off on their own to pee, I think because of the atmosphere it is easy to forget you are in the middle of a city in the wee small hours.

Starry! I thought the unwritten rule was that women always go in pairs!

Default Burn Out

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Starry! I thought the unwritten rule was that women always go in pairs!
    Yer, why do they do that?

Mind you don't over do it wifie and burn yourself out before the big day. Remember I have got 50p on it.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast