Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Photography

here i go again - i'm determined to crack this
    Last edited by katarina; 11-May-06 at 18:39.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by katarina
    here i go again - i'm determined to crack this
    Your photos are great!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Katarina, your pictures are great!! Thanks..
    Can any-one give me advise on what camera to buy because seeing all these pictures I'm definately going to treat myself to a new one!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    Can any-one give me advise on what camera to buy because seeing all these pictures I'm definately going to treat myself to a new one!!

There are whole forums devoted to this sort of enquiry, but I am no expert. However, if you are an expert then you can manipulate the settings on your camera to suit the lighting and subject without much bother.

If you are like me and basically clueless, then I would recommend a camera which has preset options to various situations that you want to photograph eg. Sunsets, fireworks, beach, snow, indoor, flourescent lighting etc etc. You just select the scene type and shoot, and the aperture and shutter speed is optimised.

Resolution is nothing to worry about but I would recommend >5mega pixels, you would struggle to buy anything less these days.

I would also get a camera that takes regular AA or AAA batteries as you can always put rechargeables in and if they run out then you can put dispoables in afterwards so you are not stuck on holiday without a camera.

Anything else with a camera is just added frills.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 05-Mar-06 at 12:29.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaishowing
    It depends alot on budget really....one of the main requirements for digital
    though, is Mega-Pixels....The digicam I use is just a cheap thing that I got off ebay that you could now buy for about £50 and has up to a 6MP resolution......I also use a 35mm SLR for real photography, not digital imaging.
    For Digital cameras, check this site out <a href=http://www.dpreview.com/>
    HERE</a> then have a nose around ebay for a bargain! (You can get some good SLR's there for under £10 there too!)
    Hope you find what you want
    Thanks very much, greatly appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead
    There are whole forums devoted to this sort of enquiry, but I am no expert. However, if you are an expert then you can manipulate the settings on your camera to suit the lighting and subject without much bother.

If you are like me and basically clueless, then I would recommend a camera which has preset options to various situations that you want to photograph eg. Sunsets, fireworks, beach, snow, indoor, flourescent lighting etc etc. You just select the scene type and shoot, and the aperture and shutter speed is optimised.

Resolution is nothing to worry about but I would recommend >5mega pixels, you would struggle to buy anything less these days.

I would also get a camera that takes regular AA or AAA batteries as you can always put rechargeables in and if they run out then you can put dispoables in afterwards so you are not stuck on holiday without a camera.

Anything else with a camera is just added frills.
    Thanks for your help Rheghead...hopefuly I will be snapping away pretty shortly!!

Grantown on Spey

Grantown on Spey Golf Course Hole 7

The Famous Carrbridge

Here's a pic my wife took of me today falling of the bairns sledge.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Great pictures, thanks!
    Ann

Pics of the bairns slwdging today at Wick's Riverside park.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Fantastic pictures everyone....

Another bonny day down by the loch.

krieve Guest

That photo of Carr Bridge is stunning! And it's so nice to see folk willing to share their photos - Caithness is seemingly rich in people with 'an eye' and I'm proud to live here!

Please keep 'em coming!

That last one is a cactus with aspirations!

This one is still blind, still stupid, but pretty nontheless.

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    Another thing to watch out for is Digital Zoom v's Optical Zoom. The former is next to useless, while the latter gives you the option to zoom in and get either a close-up shot, or pick out a distant object, without comprimising on the picture quality.

I'm on my 2nd generation Fuji Finepix camera and have found that they are easy to use and produce a great picture.

As mentioned by Kaishowing it's worth paying extra to get a decent size memory card so you can take plenty of shots at higher resolutions.

Gus your cat.s gorgeous.Is she /he blind in both eyes,or only the one thats discoloured. There's something about that type of cat that i find amusing.I.m not a cat person but that type i could be persueded.Is it a tabby?
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Thanks Cuddlepop!

That's Wendy the tabby - so called because she was found (and susequently rescued) with 8 kittens in a child's wendyhouse in Kent. 10 years later, she apparently has some kind of degeneration of her kidneys with blindness as a side-effect. She is stupid beyond belief, completely food-orientated, soft as pudding and has ousted Gus from his bed.

This, however, is Mr Figgis Alistair McGoo. He is a thinking person's cat: clever, thoughtful (he likes to leave the eyeballs of the rabbits he's caught rolling around the kitchen floor of a morning), adventurous, he comes when whistled, he learns, and most importantly, he loves his mummy....

Who's allergic to both of them!

And now I've just read Evelyn's thread about her missing cat and feel terrible.

Does anyone know what happened to it? Was it the cat under the car?

Sorry to bring this cross-threading into play...

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    And now I've just read Evelyn's thread about her missing cat and feel terrible.

Does anyone know what happened to it? Was it the cat under the car?

Sorry to bring this cross-threading into play...

ooops! Gus i have done the same thing i started a thread and put cat pictures on it...i never even thought...i bet i am feeling as terrible as you..
    sorry if i upset anyone...

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast