Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ant & Dec overkill

Default Ant & Dec overkill

After all publicity, I tried to watch "Britain's Got Talent" tonight but found that all I seemed to be watching were A&D pulling stupid faces and making no valid contribution to show.

In one segment (with transvestite) they appeared on screen 11 times from when act commenced , to when they left stage two minutes later.

During Diversity (a street dancing act) they appeared 7 times in same time segment

If they are going to be rammed down our throat, why cant it be just start and end of act

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    After all publicity, I tried to watch "Britain's Got Talent" tonight but found that all I seemed to be watching were A&D pulling stupid faces and making no valid contribution to show.

In one segment (with transvestite) they appeared on screen 11 times from when act commenced , to when they left stage two minutes later.

During Diversity (a street dancing act) they appeared 7 times in same time segment

If they are going to be rammed down our throat, why cant it be just start and end of act
    Well, aren't these shows all about the presenters not the guests?

I would like to have watched acts, uninterupted by inane chatter.

An anolgy would be to watching a football match and getting Alan Hansen on screen 450+ time! over the course of 90 minutes. I wont't go into the figures for a 7 hour cricket match or 5 day test series.
    Could not resist temptation, for a 5 day cricket test you would see presenter nearly 81 thousand times

I haven't bought a telly yet and what I read on here does not encourage me to do so. That plus the stuff I watched on the hotel TV while I was relocating.

British TV used to be the the best in the world. Actually, judging by what I've seen overseas, maybe it still is! even though it's dropped a thousand steps down the ladder since I was last here

I think the moment of truth was defined for me when I was looking at the BARB tables for the first series of Big Brother on E4 when there were significant numbers of people watching the bedrooms of sleeping housemates at 04:30 in the morning. But then again I believe there is a fan club for the old BBC test cards.

Having said that I probably will get a TV next week... I'm stupid too!

Darn this just reminded me that i missed it! Poop!

Never mind will record it tomorrow.

As for Ant and Dec i think they make the show. They are funny! And maybe yes they 'pop' in too often during an act, but they are still funny!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

ant and dec make the show what it is, i couldnt imagine anyone else presenting it, they are soo funny

thats another reason why i watch it becoz of them!
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    ant and dec make the show what it is, i couldnt imagine anyone else presenting it, they are soo funny

thats another reason why i watch it becoz of them!
    Aye ur right there it wudna be e same without them presenting it

Ant & Dec overkill happened about 3yrs ago, i used to think they were excellent entertainers, but now i'm sick of the sight of them.

The prog was forced upon me.
    It was dire. The only uplift came from the little girl dressed in a ballet frock who could sing like a Nightingale.

The bling laden burk with the baseball cap should have been dragged from the stage and dropped in the nearest river.

Absolute codswallop entertainment for the masses. I'd quite like to smack Pearce whatsis'name, although some of his political views concur with my own he's just far to much a smarm merchant.

As for the two professional Geordies they're over exposing themselves and the public appreciaiton will soon disolve. They need to ration their undoubted talents and minimise appearances for a while. Why do they grab everything they can? Greed I expect, or ego's the size of that outstretched , rusting monument on the gateway to Gateshead.
    Last edited by percy toboggan; 27-Apr-09 at 10:35. Reason: ballet not bellet

ant and dec is the reason why i watch the programme i luv them and think there fab how sad can u get.

If I see or hear Ant or Dec I switch channels, I hate them two with a passion wish theyd move to Stroma so wed never see them again.

Mr Winehouse

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    If I see or hear Ant or Dec I switch channels, I hate them two with a passion wish theyd move to Stroma so wed never see them again.

Mr Winehouse
    Me too, I would rather watch the Chuckle Brothers than this over exposed pair
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Default Stroma

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post

Mr Winehouse

Steady on!

I like Stroma.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by funmum2803 View Post
    ant and dec is the reason why i watch the programme i luv them and think there fab how sad can u get.
    Liking Ant & Dec does not mean you are 'sad' in the modern meaning of the word.
    In fact it probably means you are light hearted , enjoy a joke and prefer not to bog yourself down with 'the way things are going etc.' like some of us. ie ...Me

They are the modern equivalent of any number of commic patter merchants who have gone before. They seem to be fairly clean living lads too.

So rejoice in them if they are your bag. If you really 'luv/love' them then this moves things on a tad and might cause you grief at some stage unless you keep it in proportion

The simple answer to all of you who say that you do not like Ant & Dec, DONT WATCH THEM.

Now all the rest of us can sit back and enjoy them for what they are, Entertainers and in my Opinion Very Good Entertainers at that.

Also there is Nothing wrong with Stroma, I lived there for Seven and a Half Years and it is a great place to live.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

I like em ............. or at least would like to wring there necks wast of oxygen both of them
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    The simple answer to all of you who say that you do not like Ant & Dec, DONT WATCH THEM.

Now all the rest of us can sit back and enjoy them for what they are, Entertainers and in my Opinion Very Good Entertainers at that.

Also there is Nothing wrong with Stroma, I lived there for Seven and a Half Years and it is a great place to live.

Can you suggest a way of watching "Britain's Got Talent" without watching A&D at the same time. Even knocking the picture off does not work as they talk over act in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    Can you suggest a way of watching "Britain's Got Talent" without watching A&D at the same time. Even knocking the picture off does not work as they talk over act in progress

What I said is that if you do not like them, DONT WATCH THEM. If you want to watch BGT then you you must make a choice that only you can make.

To Watch or not to Watch that is the Question
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune,
    Or to take Arms against a Sea of Troubles,
    And by Opposing end them? To Die to Sleep,

etc. etc.

Or what you do is wait a day then go to YouTube and watch all the acts there, one by one. As they are all there and most of the time no Ant & Dec.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I think Ant and Dec make BGT much more entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by starry View Post
    I think Ant and Dec make BGT much more entertaining.
    Damning with feint praise if I may so
    Last edited by percy toboggan; 27-Apr-09 at 14:06. Reason: only one a in praise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast