Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Ant & Dec overkill

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ant & Dec overkill

After all publicity, I tried to watch "Britain's Got Talent" tonight but found that all I seemed to be watching were A&D pulling stupid faces and making no valid contribution to show.

In one segment (with transvestite) they appeared on screen 11 times from when act commenced , to when they left stage two minutes later.

During Diversity (a street dancing act) they appeared 7 times in same time segment

If they are going to be rammed down our throat, why cant it be just start and end of act

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    After all publicity, I tried to watch "Britain's Got Talent" tonight but found that all I seemed to be watching were A&D pulling stupid faces and making no valid contribution to show.

In one segment (with transvestite) they appeared on screen 11 times from when act commenced , to when they left stage two minutes later.

During Diversity (a street dancing act) they appeared 7 times in same time segment

If they are going to be rammed down our throat, why cant it be just start and end of act
    Well, aren't these shows all about the presenters not the guests?

I would like to have watched acts, uninterupted by inane chatter.

An anolgy would be to watching a football match and getting Alan Hansen on screen 450+ time! over the course of 90 minutes. I wont't go into the figures for a 7 hour cricket match or 5 day test series.
    Could not resist temptation, for a 5 day cricket test you would see presenter nearly 81 thousand times

I haven't bought a telly yet and what I read on here does not encourage me to do so. That plus the stuff I watched on the hotel TV while I was relocating.

British TV used to be the the best in the world. Actually, judging by what I've seen overseas, maybe it still is! even though it's dropped a thousand steps down the ladder since I was last here

I think the moment of truth was defined for me when I was looking at the BARB tables for the first series of Big Brother on E4 when there were significant numbers of people watching the bedrooms of sleeping housemates at 04:30 in the morning. But then again I believe there is a fan club for the old BBC test cards.

Having said that I probably will get a TV next week... I'm stupid too!

Darn this just reminded me that i missed it! Poop!

Never mind will record it tomorrow.

As for Ant and Dec i think they make the show. They are funny! And maybe yes they 'pop' in too often during an act, but they are still funny!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

ant and dec make the show what it is, i couldnt imagine anyone else presenting it, they are soo funny

thats another reason why i watch it becoz of them!
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    ant and dec make the show what it is, i couldnt imagine anyone else presenting it, they are soo funny

thats another reason why i watch it becoz of them!
    Aye ur right there it wudna be e same without them presenting it

If I see or hear Ant or Dec I switch channels, I hate them two with a passion wish theyd move to Stroma so wed never see them again.

Mr Winehouse

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    If I see or hear Ant or Dec I switch channels, I hate them two with a passion wish theyd move to Stroma so wed never see them again.

Mr Winehouse
    Me too, I would rather watch the Chuckle Brothers than this over exposed pair
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Me too, I would rather watch the Chuckle Brothers than this over exposed pair
    The chuckle brothers arnt bad, I rather go on holiday with Ruby wax & I switch her off too

Default Stroma

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post

Mr Winehouse

Steady on!

I like Stroma.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.