Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: AVG or Avast?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Avg

6 31.58%
  • Avast

7 36.84%
  • Other

6 31.58%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: opinion needed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vistravi View Post
    Aye youre right Gismo, But i think AVG is much more user friendly than avast, its why i'm finding it hard to choose between them.
    Really?, i find Avast to be supremely user friendly, in fact, i generally never have to bother doing anything with it, it ticks away in the background, doesn't slow the laptop down, and updates automatically, i generally forget that it's there most of the time.

With 64 bit vista most anti virus software at the time only supported 32 bit although Avast actually did and used it for a while. I decided to look for something better and bought "Kaspersky Internet Security" from Tesco for £19.99 and I am so far very pleased with it. When I did the first scan it found a couple of problems that Avast ignored. If the choice was purely Avast or AVG then I would choose Avast.

Delete macaffee as soon as possible!! All it does it slow your computer down to a halt... annoys you with stupid messages... and make you have to pay for a subscription. Thats my personal opinion. I prefer malwarebytes anti malware. Works perfectly for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12