Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Dolphins and Otters

Default Dolphins and Otters

Kas reports Dolphins Holborn Head 8pm also Otter behind British Legion.

GRRRRR seems like the only way I'm going to see the otters is squat at The Legion!

Default Otter

Mrs M got a good sighting of an otter on Reiss beech a couple of days ago down towards the Ackergill end.

She was stood having a chat to a couple that where out walking and it came down out of the dunes and into the sea.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

There were pleny of otter tracks at the Wester river estuary on the beach last Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    Mrs M got a good sighting of an otter on Reiss beech a couple of days ago down towards the Ackergill end.

She was stood having a chat to a couple that where out walking and it came down out of the dunes and into the sea.

Hi Kevin, I had fantastic views of a pair in Ackergill harbour a few weeks back. It was a misty morning and the bay was like a mill pond. One caught a fish and ate it on the rocks directly south of the little pier. It is a big aim of mine to get some nice otter photos and the zoom lens for my camera had gone faulty the week before I came across them. I was gutted. I have tried a few times since with no joy.

Re Seabirds post, I was having a great time watching the Rissos and White-beaked dolphins from Holborn Head, and yet again the Risso came withing photo distance had I had my lens back. It comes back on Tuesday so heres hoping for more great sightings.
    Away with the birds

Default It worked!

Had the pleasure of watching an otter eat his supper last Wednesday evening on Thurso River just down from The Legion .

Default Ackergill

Quote Originally Posted by kas View Post
    Hi Kevin, I had fantastic views of a pair in Ackergill harbour a few weeks back. It was a misty morning and the bay was like a mill pond. One caught a fish and ate it on the rocks directly south of the little pier. It is a big aim of mine to get some nice otter photos and the zoom lens for my camera had gone faulty the week before I came across them. I was gutted. I have tried a few times since with no joy.

Re Seabirds post, I was having a great time watching the Rissos and White-beaked dolphins from Holborn Head, and yet again the Risso came withing photo distance had I had my lens back. It comes back on Tuesday so heres hoping for more great sightings.
    I did get a second look at him a few days later and got a couple of shots from a distance on my mobile.

I have taken my camera every day since, but no show. Casper knows when it has been about as he becomes very distracted with the scent.

I would love the oppotunity to sit and watch one going about it's daily routine.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.