Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: The Tories great plan

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Halkirk
    Posts
    224

    Angry The Tories great plan

    Am I the only one who is sick of hearing the Tories moaning and complaining about how the Government's plan to get us out of the recession isn't going to work, but not coming up with an alternative plan of their own?

    If they win the next election, which they probably will, they will be in power in a little over a year's time. What will they do then to sort out the economy? I need to hear more than just the same old complaints and slagging off of Labour and Gordon Brown. I need to hear a plan from the Tories. I want to know what they will do when they are in power, other than just throw up their hands and say "It's not our fault, Labour caused this mess" and then just sit and watch it get worse and worse.

    I'm still not sure what the Lib Dems will do either, although they, at least, have the integrity to admit when they agree with something the Government is proposing, as well as opposing policies they disagree with.

    The Tories just seem to fall back on the same old rhetoric all the time going on and on about how the Government is building up the National Debt, and how they are a spent force, blah, blah, blah. The Tories just seem to automatically take the view that because the Government has proposed it, they must disagree with it, but they never come up with alternatives for the public to consider. It's all very easy to disagree with how someone is doing their job, but if you want to take over their job, you've got to come up with a strategy and proposals of your own for how to manage it.

    I'm sure I'm not alone, but I have absolutely no idea who to vote for in the next election because none of the major parties seem to have a clue what to do.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,184

    Default

    Vince Cable was on Channel 4 News last night and he gave a list of things the Lib Dems would cut. I couldn't argue with most of what he said but the only one I remember is the identity card scheme.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Thurso, Caithness
    Posts
    4,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmahon2001 View Post
    I'm sure I'm not alone, but I have absolutely no idea who to vote for in the next election because none of the major parties seem to have a clue what to do.
    There is a simple answer to this, do what I do.

    I do Not vote for a particular Political Party, I Vote for the the Candidate I believe will make the Best MP, the one who will work hardest for the Benefit of Caithness, I then vote for this person.

    Or if there is no one Candidate you would like to Vote for, then Reverse Vote. Pick the Candidate you would like Least to win. Then pick one of the others you think would be best to defeat the one you do not like and then vote for this candidate.

    If every voter did this I am sure you would see a big difference in the Political Map. Too many people say I will Vote Labour, Conserative, Liberal or whatever because My Father did and so I always have done and always will do.

    K.

    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

    Edgar Allen Poe

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    493

    Default

    All Politicians are liars. They are only interested in your vote and could not care less what any of us think, European Referendum anyone ??, Watching them bray at each other in the House of Commons is like watching kids in a playground. I once got reprimanded for refusing to shake the hand of an MP, he wrote a whiny letter to my boss complaining. I wrote back telling him not to take it personally as I wouldnt shake the hand of anyone I considered a self serving liar.

    The Tories will get in, Labour will then blame them for everything they started and the whole cycle will start again. Until people realise that the biggest idiots in all this is us for voting these money grabbing, lying, cheating vermin in then it will continue.

    I wont be voting at the next election. The system is broken.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Shields
    Posts
    2,185

    Default

    I know what the conservative plan is, It is very cunning and BALDRICK is running with it now.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    I know what the conservative plan is, It is very cunning and BALDRICK is running with it now.
    Is it a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel ??

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Shields
    Posts
    2,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt View Post
    Is it a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel ??
    that's one of the reasons its so cunning it hasn't been divulged yet.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Wick,Caithness,Scotland,The World
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    The Tories are in the exact same place just now as 'New'Labour were in the John Major end of era days.They know they will win,because folk are getting bored of the same old faces.Gordon Brown is trying to say the problem is a world financial crisis.Then,I grew up with the Tories in charge and it was ten times worse than it is now.I think I'll vote Liberal for the first time ever the next time.I've never lived under a Liberal government.Will it be any different?Cannae be any worse than Labour or the Tories.
    Or maybe I'll go Green.Naw awready been that crossing over fae Orkney in the short sea ferry.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    that's one of the reasons its so cunning it hasn't been divulged yet.
    That is cunning. More cunning than a Fox who has just been made Professor of Cunning at Cambridge. I cant help but think though that you may be so cunning that in fact there may not be a cunning plan at all and that I am just being made to believe that in the hope I believe that the non exsistent cunning plan exists thereby fooling me totally.

    Because that would be REALLY cunning.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Barrow in Furness
    Posts
    2,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Vince Cable was on Channel 4 News last night and he gave a list of things the Lib Dems would cut. I couldn't argue with most of what he said but the only one I remember is the identity card scheme.
    What politicians say and what they do are entirely different things.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Shields
    Posts
    2,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt View Post
    That is cunning. More cunning than a Fox who has just been made Professor of Cunning at Cambridge. I cant help but think though that you may be so cunning that in fact there may not be a cunning plan at all and that I am just being made to believe that in the hope I believe that the non exsistent cunning plan exists thereby fooling me totally.

    Because that would be REALLY cunning.
    ah but it still has to be approved by blackadder ( is he by any chance the new Cambridge prof )

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Thurso
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Blackadder for PM? Couldn`t do a worse job, but what would his party political tendency be towards? A labouring conservative liberally democratic with manic spin?
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppett View Post
    Blackadder for PM? Couldn`t do a worse job, but what would his party political tendency be towards? A labouring conservative liberally democratic with manic spin?
    If I remember correctly it was the Adder Party, it was formed in Dunny on the Wold after winning over the voter, a small daschund named Colin.

    Hopefully the Party will adopt a policy of sarcasm, ritual humiliation and a deep suspicion of the French and Germans. Those without a sense of humour and/or politically correct will hate it but the rest of us will be doubled over over laughing at the antics of Blackadder and Baldrick and Co. Like the crowd we have now but funny (ha ha) as opposed to funny (what ARE they doing ??)

    Apart from the laughs it will be just like New Labour. A bunch of complete incompetents (Baldrick/Percy/General Sir Anthony Hogmanay Melchett/Prince Regent = Labour Cabinet) led by a man who really does believe his own hype (Blackadder/= Brown)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    wick have all my life :)
    Posts
    147

    Default

    personaly i dont listen to any of them any more because they say one thing then do the total opposite.

    they are all a waste of space i say.
    live life to the full you never know when it will be taken from you !!!!!!!!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    There is a simple answer to this, do what I do.

    I do Not vote for a particular Political Party, I Vote for the the Candidate I believe will make the Best MP, the one who will work hardest for the Benefit of Caithness, I then vote for this person.

    Or if there is no one Candidate you would like to Vote for, then Reverse Vote. Pick the Candidate you would like Least to win. Then pick one of the others you think would be best to defeat the one you do not like and then vote for this candidate.

    If every voter did this I am sure you would see a big difference in the Political Map. Too many people say I will Vote Labour, Conserative, Liberal or whatever because My Father did and so I always have done and always will do.

    K.
    That's exactly what I always do because I can't see a better way.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric Farthsbottom III View Post
    The Tories are in the exact same place just now as 'New'Labour were in the John Major end of era days.They know they will win,because folk are getting bored of the same old faces.Gordon Brown is trying to say the problem is a world financial crisis.Then,I grew up with the Tories in charge and it was ten times worse than it is now.I think I'll vote Liberal for the first time ever the next time.I've never lived under a Liberal government.Will it be any different?Cannae be any worse than Labour or the Tories.
    Or maybe I'll go Green.Naw awready been that crossing over fae Orkney in the short sea ferry.
    here here think this country hasd a short memoery I for hope the tories do not get in do poeple not remeber the last ressession and how the tories just sat back and let it happen at least larbour are trying to do something about it now x

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    5,424

    Default

    Errr by mortgaging the future of our great grandchildren?
    I despair of politicians, they seem to lack the fundamental of common sense, may be it is a pre-requirement of entering politics.
    Perhaps they should be referred to Aristotle....he had a greater take on the situation than most of the modern politicians do.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Land of pennies
    Posts
    1,886

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    Errr by mortgaging the future of our great grandchildren?
    I despair of politicians, they seem to lack the fundamental of common sense, may be it is a pre-requirement of entering politics.
    Perhaps they should be referred to Aristotle....he had a greater take on the situation than most of the modern politicians do.
    Oh yeah? Which was?
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Halkirk
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric Farthsbottom III View Post
    The Tories are in the exact same place just now as 'New'Labour were in the John Major end of era days.They know they will win,because folk are getting bored of the same old faces.Gordon Brown is trying to say the problem is a world financial crisis.Then,I grew up with the Tories in charge and it was ten times worse than it is now.
    I was one of Maggie's millions. I remember the days of 1 in 10 which eventually became 1 in 8 unemployed. I was part of the "lost generation" that politicians keep referring to. I do not want a return to those days, which is why I want to hear more than just rhetoric and insults from the Tories before I consider voting for them. I want to hear details of how they will get us out of this recession.

    Quote Originally Posted by purplelady View Post
    here here think this country hasd a short memoery I for hope the tories do not get in do poeple not remeber the last ressession and how the tories just sat back and let it happen at least larbour are trying to do something about it now x
    Sadly, people in this country do have very short memories and I think it's a foregone conclusion that the Tories will win the next election, not least because all the TV news channels seem to have decided that this is what they want to happen, as this will give them a whole new bunch of cabinet ministers to "get their teeth into". We all know how journalists no longer just report news as it happens, they pick and pick at something and keep saying it's going to happen until they eventually make it happen. ......However, I digress, I'm afraid that journalists and 24 hours news channels are a pet peeve of mine.

    Personally, I feel that this country needs a whole new bunch of politicians with a fresh approach, but there is nobody around who could take on the job. The Tories have no idea what to do, Labour are trying, but probably trying too hard, and are making even more of a mess, and no other party ever gets enough of the votes to get anywhere near winning the election. People in this country seems stuck on the idea that we can only have either a Labour Government or a Tory Government. The Lib Dems, the Greens, the UKIP or any other independent parties don't even get taken seriously - but then they don't get taken seriously by the TV news channels either and they get little or no coverage, so is it any wonder that we are left with the impression that there are only two contenders for running this country.

    This is why I have a dilemma over who to vote for. If I vote Labour we'll just have more of the same. If I vote Tory, they'll just sit on their hands and blame Labour for all that has gone wrong, while everything falls apart. If I vote Lib Dem, they won't get in anyway - they won't even get anywhere near being the main opposition party. If I vote Green, SNP, UKIP, BNP or any other independent party they don't stand a chance of actually getting into power. (I must point out that some of the parties I mentioned I wouldn't vote for anyway because I don't believe in their policies - I was simply trying to be fair by mentioning all the parties I could think of)

    I like the idea of voting for the MP that I believe will do the best for Caithness, but I'm only aware of our current MP and am not sure who else there is, let alone how well they would represent our county's interests. And unless our own MP was a member of the majority ruling party (which is currently not the case) they would struggle to get passed any proposals he/she would make to benefit this wonderful, unique county.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Khamon, I understand your views and share your frustrations. The fact is that whoever gets in will blame the party that were in power for anything they can. Its a circle that has been going on for centuries. I can say though that New Labour has done far more damage to this country than the Tories ever did. We are heading for a level of debt that is going to burden our grandchildren, when you add in the erosion of personal freedoms, the mess that Immigration is, the involvment in Iraq and Afghanistan, the treatment of Veterans, the failed experiment of multi culturalism and the pure spin of the Labour machine Gordon Brown and his bunch of clowns need to be blindfolded and led against a wall. If they had any honour they would do it themselves.

    I think there should be some sensible criteria for the election of MP's. Labour are trying currently to put a 22 year old up for election in a safe English seat. What on earth does a 22 year old University Student know about anything ??, there are too many MP's who have never worked to PRODUCE anything that get to make decisions. I think that an MP should not be allowed to be elected under the age of 30, they should have had at least one productive job and their ambitions should be tied to their qualifications. If you have served in the Forces then you can be eligible for the post of Defence Secretary, if you havent then you cant. If you have served as a Policeman then you can be Home Secretary, if you havent then you cant. No financial planning experience in the real world ??, then you wont be Chancellor .. ever. Education Secretary should be an Ex Headmaster etc etc. Whenever you go for a job these days they want experience so why should MP's be any different ??, there will also be a clause that if they receive complaints from 50% of the people who voted for them saying that "you are not representing my interests" they get the sack and the guy who was second gets the job instead. That will ensure they represent us and not the Party whips. For pity's sake we cant even demonstrate close to Parliament anymore, to MP's we are just the faceless masses and its about time they learned who the employers really are.

    The bottom line is that they work for us. Without us they are just people standing on your doorstep lying through their teeth. Unless we start demanding change by withholding our votes then we will be stuck in the rut, we can complain all we want about them but the bottom line is we put them there !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •