Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The Tories great plan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry The Tories great plan

Am I the only one who is sick of hearing the Tories moaning and complaining about how the Government's plan to get us out of the recession isn't going to work, but not coming up with an alternative plan of their own?

If they win the next election, which they probably will, they will be in power in a little over a year's time. What will they do then to sort out the economy? I need to hear more than just the same old complaints and slagging off of Labour and Gordon Brown. I need to hear a plan from the Tories. I want to know what they will do when they are in power, other than just throw up their hands and say "It's not our fault, Labour caused this mess" and then just sit and watch it get worse and worse.

I'm still not sure what the Lib Dems will do either, although they, at least, have the integrity to admit when they agree with something the Government is proposing, as well as opposing policies they disagree with.

The Tories just seem to fall back on the same old rhetoric all the time going on and on about how the Government is building up the National Debt, and how they are a spent force, blah, blah, blah. The Tories just seem to automatically take the view that because the Government has proposed it, they must disagree with it, but they never come up with alternatives for the public to consider. It's all very easy to disagree with how someone is doing their job, but if you want to take over their job, you've got to come up with a strategy and proposals of your own for how to manage it.

I'm sure I'm not alone, but I have absolutely no idea who to vote for in the next election because none of the major parties seem to have a clue what to do.

Vince Cable was on Channel 4 News last night and he gave a list of things the Lib Dems would cut. I couldn't argue with most of what he said but the only one I remember is the identity card scheme.

All Politicians are liars. They are only interested in your vote and could not care less what any of us think, European Referendum anyone ??, Watching them bray at each other in the House of Commons is like watching kids in a playground. I once got reprimanded for refusing to shake the hand of an MP, he wrote a whiny letter to my boss complaining. I wrote back telling him not to take it personally as I wouldnt shake the hand of anyone I considered a self serving liar.

The Tories will get in, Labour will then blame them for everything they started and the whole cycle will start again. Until people realise that the biggest idiots in all this is us for voting these money grabbing, lying, cheating vermin in then it will continue.

I wont be voting at the next election. The system is broken.

I know what the conservative plan is, It is very cunning and BALDRICK is running with it now.

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    I know what the conservative plan is, It is very cunning and BALDRICK is running with it now.
    Is it a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel ??

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt View Post
    Is it a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel ??
    that's one of the reasons its so cunning it hasn't been divulged yet.

The Tories are in the exact same place just now as 'New'Labour were in the John Major end of era days.They know they will win,because folk are getting bored of the same old faces.Gordon Brown is trying to say the problem is a world financial crisis.Then,I grew up with the Tories in charge and it was ten times worse than it is now.I think I'll vote Liberal for the first time ever the next time.I've never lived under a Liberal government.Will it be any different?Cannae be any worse than Labour or the Tories.
    Or maybe I'll go Green.Naw awready been that crossing over fae Orkney in the short sea ferry.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Vince Cable was on Channel 4 News last night and he gave a list of things the Lib Dems would cut. I couldn't argue with most of what he said but the only one I remember is the identity card scheme.
    What politicians say and what they do are entirely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by kmahon2001 View Post
    I'm sure I'm not alone, but I have absolutely no idea who to vote for in the next election because none of the major parties seem to have a clue what to do.
    There is a simple answer to this, do what I do.

I do Not vote for a particular Political Party, I Vote for the the Candidate I believe will make the Best MP, the one who will work hardest for the Benefit of Caithness, I then vote for this person.

Or if there is no one Candidate you would like to Vote for, then Reverse Vote. Pick the Candidate you would like Least to win. Then pick one of the others you think would be best to defeat the one you do not like and then vote for this candidate.

If every voter did this I am sure you would see a big difference in the Political Map. Too many people say I will Vote Labour, Conserative, Liberal or whatever because My Father did and so I always have done and always will do.

K.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    There is a simple answer to this, do what I do.

I do Not vote for a particular Political Party, I Vote for the the Candidate I believe will make the Best MP, the one who will work hardest for the Benefit of Caithness, I then vote for this person.

Or if there is no one Candidate you would like to Vote for, then Reverse Vote. Pick the Candidate you would like Least to win. Then pick one of the others you think would be best to defeat the one you do not like and then vote for this candidate.

If every voter did this I am sure you would see a big difference in the Political Map. Too many people say I will Vote Labour, Conserative, Liberal or whatever because My Father did and so I always have done and always will do.

K.
    That's exactly what I always do because I can't see a better way.