Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best sea film you have seen?

One film that is a must see to all real film fans is the original "Nikita" ,a french film of such strength and realism that it leaves you as a film should,breathless and in awe ,there is a plastic hollywood remake(there always is)which is terrible.

Default Samuel L Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by kitty kat View Post
    perfect storm is a great film not the sort of film i would usually watch but the oh made me and i really enjoyed it very suprised

i also like deep blue sea with samuel l jackson
    Isn't Deep Blue Sea the one where Samuel L Jackson gets eaten by a shark half way through the film?

Must admit though, I'm a big fan of his and often watch a film just because he's in it. Vastly underrated actor who should have got an oscar long before Denzel Washington. Sam Jackson manages to play good guys, bad guys, tough guys, funny guys and tragic guys all convincingly. He can turn his talents to any type of role. Denzel Washington plays Denzel Washington all the time and personally I don't think he deserved the oscar, even though it was obviously a political decision that year.

Hopefully, in time, Samuel L Jackson will be recognised for the great actor he is and will win an oscar for his performance, and not simply because he's black and those who vote on the oscars decide it's time to award another black actor purely for political reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by the poacher View Post
    Master and Commander has to be my ho,s best sea film im fed up of seeing it.

I agree, my fav as well.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by lister View Post
    One film that is a must see to all real film fans is the original "Nikita" ,a french film of such strength and realism that it leaves you as a film should,breathless and in awe ,there is a plastic hollywood remake(there always is)which is terrible.
    For a sea film, I like to see the Fin in that film.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Das Boot, is being shown on BBC2 at 12:10am, all 200mins of it
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12